Appellate Courts >
Supreme Court >
Supreme Court Opinions
Click to subscribe
Appellate Courts will begin transmitting all notices, orders, and opinions electronically.
Beginning no later than July 1, 2011, the appellate courts will send notices, orders, opinions and correspondence related to pending cases to attorneys in those cases by e-mail rather than postal mail. All attorneys with pending appellate cases who have not already registered an e-mail address should do so immediately. Unrepresented parties with pending appellate cases may also participate in this e-notification system by registering an e-mail address. Please go to http://www.mncourts.gov/?page=156 for instructions how to register your e-mail address.
OPINIONS OF THE SUPREME COURT
FILED WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2014
NOTICE - MEDIA RELEASE TIME IS 10:00 A.M.
NO OPINIONS FILED
(Added to website 10/16/14)
ORDERS ON PETITIONS FOR FURTHER REVIEW
Filed – October 14, 2014
(Petitioner indicated in Italic Type)
1. Julie L. Pfeiffer, Trustee on behalf of the heirs and next of kin of Dale R. Pfeiffer vs. Allina Health
System, d/b/a Allina Hospitals & Clinics Behavioral Health Services, and d/b/a United Hospital,
Paul A. Ekberg, D. O., P. A., et al., Defendants – A13-1919 – Denied
2. Re: Declaring a Negative Need for an Environmental Impact Statement for the Proposed
Living Word Bible Camp Project. – A13-1153, A13-1157 – Denied
3. State of Minnesota vs. Randy Donald Reed – A13-1027 – Denied
4. State of Minnesota vs. David Edward Palmer – A13-1712 – Denied
5. Michael Alan Mooney vs. UnitedHealth Group Incorporated, Stephen L. Hemsley, William W.
McGuire, David J. Lubben – A13-2093 – Denied
6. Daniel Roy Gibbs vs. Commissioner of Public Safety – A13-2082 – Denied
7. Sergey Porada, Yelena Kurdyumova vs. Terry I. Monroe, Defendant, Marc L. Kruger – A13-1615 –
8. In re the Marriage of: Maria Pieternella Knight vs. James Donald Knight – A13-2288 – Denied
9. State of Minnesota vs. Joseph Gene Hoberg – A13-2012 – Denied
10. State of Minnesota vs. William Harold Jones – A13-0676 – Denied
11. State of Minnesota vs. Dontrell Dyna Flowers – A13-1450 – Denied
12. In the Matter of the Civil Commitment of: John Howard Thuringer. – A14-0130 – Denied
13. Andrew Stephen Williams vs. State of Minnesota – A13-1468 – Denied
14. Loren Elton Schwarzwalter vs. Commissioner of Public Safety – A13-1411 – Denied
15. State of Minnesota vs. Ronald James Chasingbear – A14-0301 – Granted/Stayed
16. State of Minnesota vs. Brandon Joseph Poitra – A14-0572 – Granted/Stayed
17. In re the Marriage of: Kathryn Suzanne Neufeld Hare, n/k/a Kathryn Suzanne Neufeld,
petitioner vs. Robert Russell Hare – A13-1700 – Denied
18. State of Minnesota vs. Enamidem Celestine Okon – A13-2018 – Denied
19. Michael Frederick Schmidt vs. State of Minnesota – A13-2253 – Denied
20. Greg Peterson vs. Richfield Civil Service Commission, et al. – A13-2337 – Granted
21. Catlin Underwriting Agencies, Ltd., et al. vs. ALLETE, Inc., d/b/a Minnesota Power,
Schneider Electric USA, Inc., f/k/a Square D Company, as successor in interest to
Power Distribution Services, Inc., Defendant – A13-2078 – Denied
22. State of Minnesota vs. Jason Paul Krieg – A13-1372 – Denied
23. State of Minnesota vs. Daniel Leith Renville – A13-1265 – Denied
24. State of Minnesota vs. Jermaine Octavious Stansberry – A13-1662 – Denied
25. In re In the Matter of the Welfare of the Children of: D.E.T., G.B.-W.T., Petitioners.
In the Matter of the Welfare of the Children of: D.E.T., G.B.-W.T., and B.R.M., Parents. –
A14-1110 – Denied
26. Gary William Frieler vs. BNSF Railway Company, et al. – A13-2384 – Denied
27. State of Minnesota vs. Eulogio Hernandez-Espinoza – A13-1397 – Denied
28. In the Matter of the Welfare of: J.J.M. – A14-0337 – Denied
29. State of Minnesota vs. Michael Arthur Boelz – A13-1651 – Denied
30. State of Minnesota vs. Donald William Carlson – A13-1782 – Denied
31. Capital Midwest Fund, L.P., et al. vs. Douglas E. Johnson, et al., Steven Quay, et al. –
A13-2023 – Denied
The Adobe Reader must be used to view or print the opinions.
Click "Get Adobe Reader" button to download Adobe Reader free of charge.