Ramsey County Courthouse
Phone: (651) 266-8266
Chambers Phone: 651-266-8330
- Appointed by Governor Tim Pawlenty on Dec. 30, 2010.
- Elected in 2012.
- Current term expires Jan. 2019.
- J.D., University of Notre Dame Law School, Indiana, 1983
- B.A. in Economics, College of St. Catherine, Saint Paul, Minnesota, 1980, Phi Beta Kappa
- District Court Judge, Second Judicial District, Saint Paul, Minnesota (2010 to present); Criminal Division and DWI Court Judge
- Hanson Marek Bolkcom Group, Ltd.; Minneapolis, Minnesota (1996-2010); Shareholder
- University of Minnesota Law School; Minneapolis, Minnesota (1998-1999); Adjunct Faculty, Legal Writing Instructor
- Bowman and Brooke, LLP; Minneapolis, Minnesota (1986-1996); Associate, then Partner
- Calkins, Kramer, Grimshaw and Harring; Denver, Colorado (1982-1986); Law Clerk, then Associate
- Admitted to practice in Minnesota, Colorado, and Iowa state courts; Admitted to practice in United States District Court for the Districts of Minnesota, Colorado, Southern Indiana, and Western Tennessee; Admitted to practice in United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- AV (highest) Peer Review rated for more than 10 years by Martindale Hubbell for legal ability and professional ethics
- Qualified Neutral (Mediator and Arbitrator) under Rule 114 of the Minnesota Rules of Practice for the District Courts
- American, Minnesota and Ramsey County bar associations; Douglas K. Amdahl Inn of Court; Minnesota Women Lawyers; Minnesota District Judges Association
Community and Volunteer Activities:
- College of St. Catherine Alumnae Association Board member and executive officer; 2005-2009
- Volunteer Mentor, University of St. Thomas Law School
- Volunteer Mentor, Page Education Foundation
- Volunteer Judge, William Mitchell College of Law, Judicial Externship Program
- Volunteer, Loaves and Fishes food program
- Volunteer, Notre Dame Club of Minnesota