Appointed in 1987.
Elected in 1988, 1994, 2000, and 2006.
Retired Aug. 7, 2012.
Appointed and assigned to serve statewide as Senior Judge from July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2015.
J.D., Villanova University, 1972
B.A., Villanova University, 1969
Assistant Public Defender, Hennepin County, Litigation, 1977-1984, Appellate, 1984-1987
Private Practice, sole practitioner, 1975-1977
- Member of the Bar, Minnesota, California (inactive), Hennepin, Federal 8th & 9th Circuits, Supreme Court of the United States
- Member, Minnesota District Judges Association
- Member, Minnesota District Judges Association, Civil Jury Instructions Guide Committee
Judge Duffy is a peer-elected member of the Fourth Judicial District Executive Committee, the governing body of the District Bench under the by-laws established and in conjunction with the authority vested in the Chief Judge and under the leadership of the Chief Justice and Judicial Council. He is a member of the District Criminal, Equal Justice, and Public Trust & Confidence Committees. He is a past member of the Civil and Family Law Committees.
- Criminal, 1/2010 to present
- Juvenile, 5/2006-12/2009
- Criminal, 4/2005-5/2006
- Civil & Criminal, 1/1999-4/2005
- Family, 1/1997-12/1998
- Civil & Criminal, 1/1989-12/1996
- Criminal, 8/1987-12/1988