Appointed Dec. 30, 2010, by Governor Tim Pawlenty.
Elected in 2012. Current term expires Jan. 2019.
J.D., California Western School of Law, 2000
B.A., University of St. Thomas, 1997
Howse & Thompson, P.A., 2005
Minnesota Department of Labor & Industry, 2003
- Judicial Council, member; July 2018 – present
- Pretrial Release Initiative Implementation Steering Committee, member; Jan. 2018 – present
- MN Supreme Court Advisory Committee on Rules of Procedure Governing Proceedings Under the Minnesota Commitment and Treatment Acts, chair; 2015 - 2018
- MN Supreme Court Join Workgroup for Mental Health Evaluations in Criminal Proceedings (Rule 20), chair; 2017
- Governor’s Task Force on Mental Health, member; 2016
- MN WINGS (Working Interdisciplinary Network of Guardianship Stakeholders) Steering Committee, member; 2015-2016
- Eldercaring Coordination Pilot Project Workgroup, member; 2015-2016
- Criminal, July 1, 2016 – Present
- Probate / Mental Health Presiding Judge, Mar. 2013 - June 2016
- Criminal, Jan. 2011 - Feb. 2013