Appointed Dec. 30, 2010, by Governor Tim Pawlenty.
Elected in 2012 and 2018. Current term expires Jan. 2025.
J.D., California Western School of Law, 2000
B.A., University of St. Thomas, 1997
Howse & Thompson, P.A., 2005
Minnesota Department of Labor & Industry, 2003
- Judicial Council, member; July 2018 – present
- Pretrial Release Initiative Implementation Steering Committee, member; Jan. 2018 – present
- MN Supreme Court Advisory Committee on Rules of Procedure Governing Proceedings Under the Minnesota Commitment and Treatment Acts, chair; 2015 - 2018
- MN Supreme Court Join Workgroup for Mental Health Evaluations in Criminal Proceedings (Rule 20), chair; 2017
- Governor’s Task Force on Mental Health, member; 2016
- MN WINGS (Working Interdisciplinary Network of Guardianship Stakeholders) Steering Committee, member; 2015-2016
- Eldercaring Coordination Pilot Project Workgroup, member; 2015-2016
- Criminal, July 1, 2016 – Present
- Probate / Mental Health Presiding Judge, Mar. 2013 - June 2016
- Criminal, Jan. 2011 - Feb. 2013