Appointed January 13, 2014, by Governor Mark Dayton.
Elected in 2016.
Current term expires Jan. 2023.
- B.A. Macalester College, magna cum laude
- J.D., University of Minnesota Law School, cum laude
- Senior Associate General Counsel, University of Minnesota
- Attorney, Kelly & Berens, P.A.
Advisory or Policy-Making Positions:
- Member, Minnesota Supreme Court Advisory Committee, Minnesota Rules of Civil Procedure
- Member, Civil Litigation Council, Minnesota State Bar Association
- Faculty, Judicial Trial Skills Program
- Member, Judicial Trial Skills Program Re-design Committee
- Member, New Judge Orientation Re-design Committee
- Past Member, Minnesota Supreme Court Advisory Committee, General Rules of Practice for District Courts
- Past Member, Federal Practice Committee, United States District Court, District of Minnesota
Professional and Community Activities:
- Supervising Judge, Mitchell Hamline School of Law Judicial Externship Program
- Supervising Judge, University of Minnesota Law School Judicial Externship Program
- Presiding Judge, Law in Practice Chambers Conference, University of Minnesota Law School
- Volunteer, Minnesota High School Mock Trial
- Volunteer, Ramsey County Bar Association Claire’s Court Program
- Volunteer, Ramsey County Job Shadow Program
- Volunteer, Neighborhood House Food Shelf
- Moot Court Instructor, University of Minnesota Law School
- Legal Writing Instructor, University of Minnesota Law School
- Adjunct Professor of Law, William Mitchell College of Law