Welcome Hennepin County Jurors
All jurors are being asked to contact the Jury Office at (612) 348-3158
to be placed on call-in status at this time. Please only come to the Government Center for Jury Service if your group number has been called for service.
If you are called in for service, please bring your summons.
Minnesota Supreme Court Chief Justice Lorie S. Gildea issued an order
on May 15, 2020, addressing the process for implementing pilot jury trials for all state courts. Before starting pilot jury trials, pilot locations must develop a plan and complete a Jury Trial Pilot Checklist in order to address changes to facilities and protocols to meet social distancing and safety needs. Hennepin County District Court has met the criteria and will be participating in a pilot program.
- In consultation with the Minnesota Department of Health, we have developed plans that include space for social distancing.
- Hennepin County has developed an extensive cleaning protocol for our court facilities.
- We will have hand sanitizer available in each courtroom.
- Members of a jury will be spread out in a courtroom to provide space for social distancing.
- We encourage you to wear your own mask; we will have a supply of masks or face shields for your use.
- Jurors are encouraged to bring their own water and snacks to the Government Center at this time.
You must still complete your Juror Questionnaire according to the instructions on your summons. We thank you in advance for completing your Questionnaire online if you are able. We also recommend signing up for electronic communications in the Questionnaire. In an effort to minimize the time jurors spend at the courthouse, we are also asking that summoned jurors complete the Hennepin Supplemental Juror Questionnaire
Further information can be found on the Call-in Reporting Information tab of this site as well as the State Juror Webpage
Hennepin County information regarding COVID-19
As citizens, we all enjoy the rights of due process and the right to a trial before a jury of our peers. Your service as a juror makes this possible.
Browse the tabs on this page for information about serving as a juror in Hennepin County. For FAQs
, trial experience
and general information
, visit the Statewide Jury Service Information
For your convenience, we encourage you to use all of our online communication tools to stay in touch with the Jury Office.
Thank you for your service!
Responding for jury duty? Watch a video
(5:08 minutes) to help you prepare.