Minnesota Supreme Court Chief Justice Lorie S. Gildea issued an order on March 20, 2020 regarding the continuing operations of state courts during the COVID-19 pandemic; the order was amended by a March 23, 2020 order. The March 20 order as amended is effective Monday, March 23 through April 22.
Except for where hearings are required to be held under the order, or can be conducted using remote technology, many court appearances are suspended under this order. The status of your case will not be adversely affected by this decision. More information about this order is available at www.mncourts.gov/Emergency.
If you have a court case scheduled in Norman County District Court call (218) 784-5458
to determine if your case will be heard or scheduled to a future date. Parties to actions where a hearing has been cancelled may be contacted by court administration to reschedule the hearing. You may also contact the court by email
and use the dropdown menu to select the appropriate county.
If your case will be heard or you must visit the Norman County Courthouse, please be aware of the following changes:
While some Norman County offices and buildings are closed to the public, the Norman County Courthouse is open to court customers that have essential
business with the court.
- The Norman County Courthouse will remain open for scheduled super high and high priority hearings, and for other persons with prior approval of the court. For approval, please call (218) 784-5458.
- All visitors with approval may access Court Administration by pressing the buzzer on the South entrance of the courthouse and speaking to Sheriff’s Office Staff.
- Those customers who need to file paperwork MUST call (218) 784-5458 for direction on filing their paperwork.
- Efforts will be made to accommodate remote appearances for every scheduled hearing.
- For persons who have business with the court other than Super High or High Priority hearings, eFiling, U.S. Mail, and telephone access will be available.
These measures should not adversely affect a litigant’s case in any way.