Topic updated: November 2016
About Payable Citations
Minnesota Court Web Payment offers online fine payment for payable traffic and petty misdemeanor (including parking) cases in all district courts. A "payable" case is one that does not require a court appearance. Administrative tickets issued by local municipalities who run their own city courts are not payable on this webpage. For more information on Minnesota Court Web Payment and the Minnesota Court Payment Center, see Pay Fines.
To find your case and determine if it is payable online, please follow the instructions below.
Note:Currently MasterCard and Visa credit and debit cards are accepted. No other types of cards are accepted at this time. More information is available in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
Important:There is a $1.50 convenience fee for using this electronic payment service.
Overview of Information Displayed and Limitations in Search Results
The information available on Minnesota Court Web Payment is provided as a service and is not considered an official court record. The Minnesota Judicial Branch does not certify Minnesota Court Web Payment records or search results and is not responsible for any errors or omissions in the data found on Minnesota Court Web Payment. If you see any errors on Minnesota Court Web Payment, please notify staff at the Minnesota Court Payment Center.
For each Citation search, the search is performed within the publicly-accessible Criminal/Traffic/Petty Case Records. For each public case found, the case number, defendant name and date of birth, filing date and location, type and status of the case, and charge(s) are displayed in the search results list. For more information, see Pay Fines
To Find a Citation
- From the Search Results screen, review the results to find your citation.
- Click on the applicable case number hyperlink to view case information and make a payment. The Citation and Case Information screen appears.
- Follow the steps for paying a citation below.
To Pay a Citation
- From the Citation and Case Information screen, review the details of your case and look to see if the payment button is available. If it is available and you are ready to make a payment, click Make Payment. A "Processing the Request…" message appears.
- Note: If your case is payable online and there is a balance due, the "Make Payment" button will display on the upper right side and the lower right side of the Citation and Case Information page. A payable case is one that does not require a court appearance.
- Review the Citation/Case Information. If given the option, at the bottom of the screen, click Make Payment.
- Note: The information that appears here may be concerning a standard full payment, a payment plan, a driver’s license suspension, an active warrant, a mandatory appearance, or a collections referral. In some situations, you may not be able to proceed with your online payment.
- Important:There is a $1.50 convenience fee for using this service. Upon clicking Make Payment, you are leaving the Minnesota Judicial Branch website.
- Complete the credit card and billing address information below.
- Review your payment information and provide the 3-digit security code from your credit card.Click the red Continue button. Wait as the payment processes.
- Review the payment confirmation details that appear. Click Confirm. You are returned to the home page of Minnesota Court Web Payment. A confirmation email will be sent to the email address that you entered during the payment process.
See Also: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)