Appointed in 1989.
Elected in 1990, 1996, 2002 and 2008.
Retired on July 4, 2014.
Appointed and assigned to serve statewide as Senior Judge from July 7, 2014, to June 30, 2015.
J.D., University of Minnesota Law School, 1970
B.A., Smith College, 1967
Senior Attorney, Hennepin County Attorney’s Office, 1970-89
Adjunct Professor, University of Minnesota Law School, 1978-82
Adjunct Professor, William Mitchell College of Law, 1977-Present
Adjunct Professor, Hamline University Law School, 1973-1977 & 2004-Present
Adjunct Professor, St. Thomas University Law School, Director of Trial Advocacy, 2005-Present
Minnesota Distsrict Judges Association (MDJA)
National Women Judges Association (NWJA)
American Bar Association (ABA)
Minnesota Bar Association (MBA)
Hennepin County Bar Association (HCBA)
- Civil & Criminal, 3/4/13-7/4/14
- Criminal, 12/1/11-3/1/13
- Civil & Criminal, 1/1/08-11/30/11
- Juvenile, 1/10/06-12/31/07
- Criminal, 11/2004-1/9/06
- Civil & Criminal, 7/1998-10/2004
- Presiding Judge, Probate/Mental Health, 11/1995-7/1998
- Civil & Presiding Judge, Probate/Mental Health, 7/1995-10/1995
- Civil & Criminal, 11/1989-7/1995
- Criminal, 7/1989-10/1989
Professional and Civic Activities
- Teaches trial advocacy courses to lawyers and law students at University of Thomas, William Mitchell College of Law, and Hamline University Law Schools and Minnesota Continuing Legal Education
- Senior faculty member for NITA (National Institute for Trial Advocacy), 1978-Present
- Honorable Mention, National Roscoe Pound Award for Excellence in Teaching Trial Advocacy as an Adjunct Professor, 2000, by Roscoe Pound Institute, Washington, D.C.