About the Courts >
How Do I Become a Judge?
To apply with the governor to be appointed to a vacant judgeship, please contact the governor's Commission on Judicial Selection directly.
To run for a judgeship in an election, please refer to the Secretary of State's Filing for Office page.
- Supreme Court Chief Justice- $172,012
- Supreme Court Associate Justice- $156,375
- Court of Appeals Chief Judge- $154,712
- Court of Appeals Judge- $147,346
- District Court Chief Judge- $145,233
- District Court Judge- $138,318
Judicial "Job Descriptions" Set by Statute: