Public Notices >
Public Notice Detail
Order Promulgating Amendments To General Rules Of Practice
Friday, December 29, 2006
The Supreme Court Advisory Committee on the General Rules of Practice for the District Courts has recommended certain amendments to the General Rules of Practice.
The Court solicited comments on the proposed amendments.
The Court has reviewed the proposals and is advised in the premises.
IT IS ORDERED that:
- The attached amendments to the General Rules of Practice for the District Courts be, and the same are, prescribed and promulgated to be effective on January 1, 2007, except that the amendment to Gen. R. Prac. 808(b)(7) shall not be effective until May 1, 2007 to allow for a new jury summons cycle.
- These amendments shall apply to all actions or proceedings pending on or commenced on or after the effective date.
- The inclusion of advisory committee comments is made for convenience and does not reflect court approval of the statements made therein.
- The advisory committee, with the assistance of the state court administrator's office, shall: (a) review the forms appended to the family law rules and consider whether the forms are no longer necessary or in need of revision due to the recodification of family law legislation; (b) consider whether the forms should be moved out of the rules and into the jurisdiction of the state court administrator; and (c) consider a completely streamlined procedure for dissolution with children similar to Gen. R. Prac. 302. The advisory committee shall report back to the Court in the fall of 2007.
- The advisory committee shall also consider and solicit input on the proposed modifications to the Child Witnesses Testimony Rule that were submitted by the Ramsey County Attorney's Office and report back to the Court in the fall of 2007.
Dated: December 28, 2006