Public Notices >
Public Notice Detail
Minnesota Judicial Council Welcomes Comments on Proposal to Increase Rate for Production of Trial Transcripts
Monday, May 07, 2012
The Minnesota Judicial Council welcomes comments on a proposal to increase the per page rate for the production of trial transcripts by $.25 per page. The Judicial Council, the administrative policy making body for the Judicial Branch, is responsible for setting the maximum rate charged for transcriptions. Judicial Council Policy 221 provides that the Council will review transcript rates on a biennial basis. Teamsters Local 320, representing Court Reporters, has requested that the Judicial Council authorize the $.25 increase in the per page rate.
Current rates for the production of trial transcripts are as follows:
- The Criminal transcript rate is set at $3.25 per page for an original and $.25 for each copy.
- The Civil transcript rate is set at $4.75 per page for an original and $.25 for each copy.
- The in forma pauperis (IFP) transcript rate for cases involving Sexual Psychopathic Personality/Sexually Dangerous Persons (SPP/SDP) is set at $3.55 per page for originals ordered through June 30, 2007, $4.75 per page for originals ordered on or after July 1, 2007, and $.25 for each copy.
- The transcript rate for all IFP cases except SPP/SDP cases is set at $3.55 per page for an original and $.25 for each copy.
- The transcript rate for all expedited transcripts ordered shall be negotiable between the Official Court Reporter and the requesting party.
The Judicial Council will consider the proposed increase after soliciting and reviewing comments on the proposal.
Any individual wishing to provide written statements in support of or in opposition to the proposed increase shall submit the statement to Janet Marshall, State Court Administration, 130 MN Judicial Center, 25 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, St. Paul, MN, 55155, or to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than June 13, 2012.
Discussion Regarding Transcript Rates, Presented to the Judicial Council (PDF)