Hennepin County Courthouse
Chambers Phone: 612-348-3750
Chambers Email: Email Chambers Staff
Appointed in 1994
Elected in 1996, 2002 and 2008.
His current term expires in January 2015.
J.D., cum laude, University of Minnesota Law School, 1975
B.A., cum laude, Gustavus Adolphus College, 1968
- Attorney, Castor, Klukas, Scherer & Logren, 1975-1994
- Teacher, Robbinsdale Senior High, 1968-1970, 1972
U.S. Army, 1970-1972
- Minnesota District Judges Board of Directors 1998 to present
- Chair Family Violence Coordinating Council 1999-2000
- Chair Hennepin County Fatality Review Project 1998-2006
- Minnesota and Hennepin County Bar Associations
- Civil & Criminal, 1/2003-Present
- Juvenile, 6/2000-12/2002
- Civil & Criminal, 1/1999-5/2000
- Criminal, 7/1994-12/1998
Acceptance by the bar and parties
- 97% Retention Rating in 1996 Bar Poll
- To the judge's knowledge he has only been removed from hearing two cases in eight years on the bench. One was an unlawful detainer case, the other was a child protection case. In each case the removing attorney had recently lost a case heard by the judge, but each of those attorneys have subsequently appeared before the judge on numerous occasions.