1st District  

Judicial Branch Home > First Judicial District Home > First Judicial District Home > Forms, FAQ's and Resources > Frequently Asked Questions >

Judgment Search

  • Judgment searches can not be obtained via the telephone, internet or email.
  • Information on outstanding judgments may be accessed in the county where the outstanding judgment was filed.  There is no fee to view public records.
  • Judgment Search Certificates may be requested by mail or in person at the District Court you are requesting a search be performed in. A prepaid fee of $5.00 per name or $5.00 per any variation of the name searched is required.   All searches are for the exact match of the name requested (i.e. John Doe, John J. Doe or John James Doe).
  • All written requests for Judgment Search Certificates should be mailed to the District Court of the county you would like the search performed.