2nd District  


Judicial Branch Home > 2nd Home > Online Services >

Online Ticket Payment FAQs

English | Español

Paying Fines

How do I pay a fine?
  • On-line* at this website with a credit card or a personal check. You can begin the process by following this link: Web Payment Home Page.
  • By telephone* using a credit card. Call (651)266-9202. Have your credit card and your ticket number with you when you call.
  • In person. Follow this link for Fine Payment Locations.
  • By mail with a check or a money order: Use the envelope attached to the ticket or mail your payment to Ramsey District Court, Traffic Violations Bureau, 15 W Kellogg Blvd Rm 130, Saint Paul MN 55102-1613. Include the ticket or the ticket number with your payment. Do not mail cash.

*Effective 2-24-2008, there is a $1.25 fee for using this service.

Return to Paying Fines question list

Where can I go to pay a fine in person?

To one of our three locations:

The St. Paul City Hall Courthouse
15 W Kellogg Blvd, Room 130

Ramsey County Law Enforcement Center
425 Grove St
(Payment only; no Hearing Officers available)

The Suburban Branch Office in Maplewood
2050 White Bear Ave

Follow this link for Maps to Fine Payment Locations.

Return to Paying Fines question list

What will happen if I don’t pay the fine?

For most cases, a late fee of $5.00 is added after 21 days and an additional penalty of up to $50.00 is added to that if the fine is not paid within 45 days. After that, the Court may begin collection efforts.
Specifically, if payment is not received within 21 days, a Late Payment Advisory and Final Demand Notice will be sent by first class mail and your fine will be increased by $5.00. If the ticket is not paid by the due date shown on the notice, or you do not appear to contest the violation, a delinquent fee of not more than $50.00 will be added to the fine amount. Past due payable tickets may be referred to a collection agency. Additional collection efforts that may occur include: towing your vehicle or recommending your driver's license be suspended.
If you received an Order to Pay as a result of a sentence handed down by a judge or referee, any suspended portions of the sentence, including jail time, can be imposed. Additionally, a warrant can be issued for your arrest.

Return to Paying Fines question list

Can I use this site if I signed an agreement to pay a fine in court or before a Hearing Officer?

Yes. You can use any of the methods listed above. Keep in mind that your payment must be receipted by the Court on or before the stated due date.

Return to Paying Fines question list

What credit cards can I use?

The court accepts Visa and MasterCard. As of July 1, 2007 we no longer accept American Express and Discover.

If you pay on-line, you can also use a check. You will need to provide the bank account and routing number information from your check.

Return to Paying Fines question list

Why doesn’t my ticket show up when I inquire?
  • It may be that the ticket is not yet entered in the database. It can take up to 10 business days. Wait a few days and try again.
  • Your ticket may have been issued in another jurisdiction. Follow this link for information on Courts Outside of Ramsey County.
  • You may have entered incorrect information. Double-check the information and try again.
  • If you are under 18, the charge may be handled in Juvenile Court. Call the Juvenile Court office at (651) 266-5115 or (651) 266-5150 for more information.
  • The charge may be entered differently into our database.
  • If you searched by name, license plate number, or Driver's License number, you will not see any cases that involve a court appearance. To view these cases, you must search by citation number or case number.
  • IMPORTANT: Because of recent changes, if you appeared before a judicial officer, or if you're scheduled to appear, or if you are required to appear, you may not pay the fine on the internet or over the phone. Call (651)266-9202 for instructions.

If you cannot locate the ticket using the advice above within 2 weeks of the violation, call (651)266-9202 for assistance.

Return to Paying Fines question list

What can I do if I can’t pay the fine before the due date?

Before the fine is due, you must make special arrangements with the Court to pay your fine at a later date or to pay in installments. Call (651) 266-9202 to set up an appointment. 

Return to Paying Fines question list

Why didn’t I receive a late notice?

For moving violations, a notice is mailed to the address on the ticket. For parking tickets, the notice is mailed to the address of the registered owner. If that information is incorrect, you may not have received the notice. The late fee that was imposed, however, is still due and owing.

Return to Paying Fines question list