4th District  

Judicial Branch Home > 4th District Home > Self-Help Centers > Family Law >

Child Support

If you want to start getting child support, establish paternity, locate a parent, or enforce child support orders, you can apply for assistance with Hennepin County Child Support Services.

Child Support Forms & Resources

Visit the statewide MN Courts Self-Help Center to get child support forms, instructions and other resources.

Child Support Workshop

Video: Motion to Modify Child Support

Want to "do it yourself?"
Watch the Child Support Motion video, which takes you step-by-step through the motion forms.

Before attending the workshop, download the Motion to Modify Child Support forms from this website or get them at the Family Court Filing counter located on the 1st floor of the Family Justice Center in downtown Minneapolis. Read the instructions carefully and fill out the forms before you arrive at the workshop. Make a note of any questions you have about the forms or instructions.

Workshops are usually held on Tuesdays in Room #172 at the Family Justice Center. The workshop starts at 10:00 a.m. sharp on Tuesdays (except court holidays). People who arrive late might not be able to join the session. You must live in Hennepin County or have a court case in Hennepin County to use this service. At the workshop, you can ask questions on how to complete the child support motion forms and how to file them with the court.

You MUST bring the following items to the workshop AND have filled out the forms the best that you can:

  • your photo I.D.;
  • a copy of the CURRENT child support order you want to change; if you need a copy, you may get one from the Family Court Records Center;
  • copies of documents that show your current income and expenses (e.g., pay stubs, unemployment checks, tax returns, etc.);
  • at least two stamps;
  • change for the photocopy machine; AND
  • the address of the other party in your case (usually the other parent).

workshop checklistChecklist for Child Support Workshop

See also, FAQs on Child Support Cost-of-Living Adjustments (COLA).


« Back to Help with Family Law Cases

« Back to Self-Help Center (4th)