Judicial Branch Home >
4th District Home >
Jury Service >
Disqualification from Jury Service
DISQUALIFICATION FROM JURY SERVICE
The Jury Commissioner, or his designated representative, shall review the qualifications of prospective jurors from the returned qualification questionnaire to determine qualifications for jury service. If a person indicates on the qualification questionnaire that he or she is any one of the following, he or she is disqualified from service as a juror and shall not be required to serve:
- Is not a citizen of the United States.
- Is not at least 18 years old.
- Is not a resident of Hennepin County.
- Is unable to communicate in the English language.
- Is not physically and mentally capable of rendering satisfactory service.
- Has been convicted of a felony and has not had their civil rights restored.
- Has served as a state or federal juror anywhere in Minnesota within the past four years.
- Is a judge currently serving in the judicial branch of government.
A prospective qualified juror who is 70 years of age or older, who requests to be excused shall be excused without evidence of an inability to serve.