Judicial Branch Home >
4th District Home >
Court Administration >
Conciliation Court >
Basics & FAQs on Conciliation Court >
How to transcribe a judgment to District Court
Request Transcribing by Mail
In your letter asking for the judgment to be transcribed, include the following information:
- Case number and title
- Your name, address, phone
- Completed Affidavit of Identification (click Forms to download the Affidavit form or pick it up in person from our office or the Civil Filing counter in the Hennepin County Government Center);
- Check payable to the District Court Administrator (see fee schedule)
If any of the required information is missing, your documents will be returned to you.
After the transcript is prepared, all the paperwork will be sent directly to District Court Civil Filing. You will receive a new file number from District Court.
Request Transcribing in Person
Apply in person in Room 306 of the Minneapolis City Hall to request a transcript of your judgment. You will need to complete an Affidavit of Identification (click Forms to download the Affidavit) and pay a fee (see fee schedule). After the transcript is prepared, we will send the paperwork to District Court Judgments. You will receive a new file number in the mail from them.
You may ask Civil Filing for written instructions on getting an Order for Disclosure, which you will need to collect your judgment. Click Judgments for more information.
Attorneys must e-File their request. This is done by:
- Opening a new Trascript of Judgment case
- Paying the $42 filing fee
- Filing the Affidavit of Identification