Service Desk  

Judicial Branch Home > SHC Home > FIND HELP WITH: > Divorce, Child Support, Custody & Family Law > Divorce > Divorce Forms >

Forms -- Temporary Orders

When a divorce case is in process, it is possible to ask the court to issue a temporary order for custody and parenting time, support, responsibility to pay certain bills, who can live in the family home, etc. This kind of request is make by filing a "Motion for Temporary Relief."

down arrow

Q: Do you have minor children with your spouse?

With Children: Under MN law, a divorce is considered to be with children if:

  • you and your spouse have minor children together (under age 18 or still in high school);
  • the Wife is pregnant OR gave birth to a child during the marriage (even if the Husband is not the father of the child). EXCEPT: Use the "without children" forms if paternity was established in the other man making him the legal father instead of the Husband.)

Without Children: A divorce is considered to be without children if you do not have minor child together, the Wife is not pregnant, and the Wife did not give birth during the marriage to a child from another relationship.

down arrow

Click a link in the table below to get the Motion forms packet





Ask for a temporary order


Request for Temporary Relief
with Children

(download and print)

Request for Temporary Relief
without Children

(download and print)

Respond to request for a temporary order


Response to Request for
Temporary Relief with Children

(download and print)

Response to Request for
Temporary Relief without Children

(download and print)

If you are not sure which forms to use, Contact Us or ask a lawyer for help. If you choose the wrong packet, you might have to start over.

Get one-on-one help with forms

Visit Self-Help Services in the Courts to find walk-in services near you. It is always a good idea to get legal advice to proctect your best interests in any legal action, even if you have reached an agreement with the other party.

Court Forms Review Service:  If you are representing yourself in a court case and you fill out court forms on a computer (in Word, PDF or I-CAN), the Self-Help Center can review your completed court forms before you file them with the court. Contact Us @ SHC for more details.

Pre-printed forms packet

If you cannot or do not want to download and print the forms, you can buy the forms packet at your local courthouse.


« Back to Divorce Home

« Back to SHC Home