Service Desk  

Judicial Branch Home > SHC Home > FIND HELP WITH: > Landlord & Tenant >

Tenant moved out, but damaged property

A tenant is not generally responsible for normal "wear and tear" of the premises. However, if the damage left behind is more than normal "wear and tear," the landlord may be able to use the security deposit (or a portion of the security deposit) to pay for the damage. The landlord also might be able to sue for damage to property in Conciliation Court (less than $15,000) or District Court (over $15,000).

Helpful Links



« Back to Landlord-Tenant/Housing Home

« Back to SHC Home