Service Desk  

Judicial Branch Home > SHC Home > FIND HELP WITH: > Divorce, Child Support, Custody & Family Law > Child Support > Videos on Child Support Motions >

Video: How to File a Motion to Modify Child Support (Expedited Process)

 IMPORTANT: before watching the video linked below you should:

STEP 1:  Get a copy of your current child support order. The order may be from a Child Support Case, Paternity Case, or your Divorce. The forms will ask questions about the current child support order so you will need this information. Visit the courthouse where your case is filed to buy a copy or contact Court Administration to ask them to mail you a copy.

STEP 2:  Download and print the forms packet for the Motion to Modify Child Support. This video goes over each form in the packet for people filing in the Expedited Process. However, this video may still be helpful for the District Court Process as well.

Motion to Modify Child Support Forms Motion to Modify Child Support Forms (Ex Pro): Forms to ask the court to modify your current child support order using the Expedited Process. If the Child Support Office is NOT involved in your case, then use the Motion to Modify Child Support (District Ct.).

You may also need:

  • Fee Waiver Forms: Used if you cannot afford the filing fee to file your motion.
  • Request for County Support Office to Serve Papers: Used only if you have tried the locate the other party with no success and the county child support office is involved in your case. The court may direct the child support office to mail your papers to the other party.

STEP 3:  Watch all video chapters listed below on how to fill out and complete your Motion to Modify Child Support forms.

This video has 6 Chapters, and you may stop and re-start any chapter as needed. Start with Chapter 1 so you learn the steps required to file a Motion to Modify Child Support.

*The videos below are currently located on YouTube. The MN Judicial Branch and the MN Courts Self-Help Center is not responsible for any content found on YouTube other than the Child Support Videos listed below.

These videos are provided for general educational purposes by the MN Courts Self-Help Center. The content is not a substitute for legal advice from a lawyer. The information is based on Minnesota law.

Other Helpful Links:


« Back to Child Support Home

« Back to Divorce, Custody & Family Law Home

« Back to SHC Home