4th District  

Judicial Branch Home > 4th District Home > Self-Help Centers >

Family Court Self-Help Center

People with cases in the Hennepin County Family Court can get walk-in help and referrals at the Family Court Self-Help Center. Generally, to use these services, you must live in Hennepin County or have an existing court order from Family Court in Hennepin County.

NOTE: Court staff must remain neutral when dealing with any case and they may help any party. Staff can explain procedures but cannot tell you what you should do or give you legal advice. What you tell court staff is NOT confidential. Read What Court Staff Can and Cannot Do for You.

FAQs on Family Court FAQs on Family Court

Services & Resources

Notice to Self-Represented Parties:
By Hennepin County Court Order, all motions (except "expedited" child support motions) filed in Family Court that are prepared by people who are not represented by a lawyer must be reviewed by a Family Law Facilitator before a hearing date will be set. Read more at Mandatory Motion Screening.

See also Hennepin County Family Court Services, a division of Hennepin County that offers:

  • mediation services,
  • custody evaluations,
  • chemical abuse and psychology evaluations, and
  • co-parenting classes.


« Back to Self-Help Center (4th)