Service Desk  

Judicial Branch Home > SHC Home > FIND HELP WITH: > Landlord & Tenant >

Eviction Actions

In Minnesota, it is illegal to remove a tenant or a tenant's property by force (e.g., changing the locks or shutting off the utilities) without a court order. To get a court order, a landlord must file an eviction action in court (formerly called "unlawful detainer").

Housing Court Information from the District Courts

NOTE: The following links are for specific Counties or District Courts, and the information may not apply to every District Court in Minnesota:


« Back to Landlord-Tenant/Housing Home

« Back to SHC Home