Service Desk  

Judicial Branch Home > SHC Home > FIND HELP WITH: > Divorce, Child Support, Custody & Family Law > Child Support > FAQs on Child Support >

Driver's License Suspended for Unpaid Support

If the county child support office IS involved in your case, and your driver's license has been suspended for not paying child support, you may be able to enter into a payment agreement with the child support office. See MN Statute § 518A.65 and § 518A.69. If you are unable to get a payment agreement, you could file a Motion for Reinstatement of Driver's License (ex pro) with the court.

If you want to ask the court to reinstate your driver's license AND to modify (change) your child support, you can ask for both in a different process called a Motion to Modify Child Support. IMPORTANT! Carefully read and follow the Instructions in the forms packet. If you make a mistake, you may have to start over from the beginning.

If the county is NOT involved in your case, the MN Judicial Branch does NOT publish license reinstatement forms for your type of case. You might find forms at your local law library or talk with a lawyer.


« Back to Child Support FAQs

« Back to Child Support Home

« Back to SHC Home