Appointed September 29, 1995; elected 1996; re-elected 2002, 2008, and 2014.
Retired on June 10, 2017.
Appointed and assigned to serve statewide as Senior Judge from July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2023.
Concordia College-Moorhead, 1973, B.A., magna cum laude.
University of Minnesota School of Law, 1976, J.D.
National Judicial College at the University of Nevada, Reno, 1996, General Jurisdiction Course
Law Department, Lutheran Brotherhood, 1975-1977
Private practice, 1977-1990
Assistant public defender, 1988-1990
Sherburne County Attorney, elected 1990; re-elected 1994, served 1991-1995
Admitted to practice before the courts of:
- State of Minnesota
- United States District Court for the State of Minnesota
- United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Anoka County Bar Association
- Eighteenth District Bar Association
- Minnesota District Judges Association
- American Judicature Society