- Appointed to the Court of Appeals on Mar. 24, 2016. Elected in 2018. Current term expires Jan. 2025.
- Appointed to Hennepin County District Court by Governor Mark Dayton on Sept. 8, 2014.
J.D., University of Minnesota School of Law
B.A., Macalester College
Shareholder; Briggs and Morgan, P.A.
Volunteer attorney, Advocates for Human Rights
Adjunct professor, University of St. Thomas Law School
Partner; Rider Bennett, L.L.P.
Attorney; Fetterly & Gordon, P.A.
Professional and Community Activities:
- Editor and Author, Minnesota Courtroom Evidence Deskbook (Minnesota CLE)
- Past Chair, Minnesota Supreme Court Historical Society
- Member, Advisory Committee on Minnesota Rules of Civil Appellate Procedure
- Judicial Fellow and Past President, American Academy of Appellate Lawyers
- Co-author, Art of Advocacy: Appeals (Lexis Nexis)
- Co-author, The Appellate Process, Minnesota Practice: Methods of Practice
- Director, Advocates for Human Rights
- Mentor, University of St. Thomas Law School
Assignment History at Hennepin County District Court:
Civil / Criminal, 3/2/15 - 2/22/16
Criminal, 9/14 - 2/2015