Appointed July 27, 2018, by Governor Mark Dayton. Elected in 2020. Current term expires Jan. 2027.
- J.D. from Mitchell Hamline School of Law (Magna Cum Laude)
- B.A. from Boston University (Cum Laude)
- Attorney, Prebich & Sullivan, P.C.
- Associate Attorney, Larkin, Hoffman, Daly & Lindgren, Ltd.
- Associate Attorney, Lockridge Gridal Nauen, P.L.L.P.
- Law Clerk, Minnesota Court of Appeals
Professional and Community Activities
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Range Bar Association (Past President)
- Minnesota District Judges Foundation/Association
- Northern St. Louis County Mental Health Court – Team Member/Presiding Judge
- Iron Range Equal Justice Committee
- Sixth Judicial District Pandemic Steering Committee
- Sixth Judicial District Assistant Chief Judge
- Sixth Judicial District Executive Committee Member
- Sixth Judicial District Administrative Committee Member (Chairperson)
- District Advisory Representative Team (D.A.R.T.)
- Panel Member, “Strategic Considerations in Presentation of Expert Testimony at Trial: Live vs. Zoom” – MN State Bar Association – March 2023
- Co-Presenter, “Who Has the Remote Control? Using Remote Law Clerks” - MN District Judges Fall Conference – September 2022
- Co-Presenter, “The Greatest Story Ever Told- Your Guide to Principles That Should Improve Your Storytelling at Trial”, presented at 2021 MN Defense Lawyers Association Trial Techniques Seminar
- Panel Member – “The Future of Greater Minnesota Law Practice: Opportunities and Challenges” – Minnesota State Bar Association Annual Conference – June 2021
- Panel Member – New Judge Panel, MSBA Minnesota One Profession CLE – January 2020
- Co-Presenter, “Domestic Violence in Family Court: Better Tools for Better Practices” – Family Law Institute - Judge’s Track - March 2019
Judge Sullivan, when she isn’t at work, is an avid runner, enjoys spending time at the lake with her family, and loves supporting her children in all their activities.