Appointed on Nov. 15, 2019, by Governor Tim Walz. Elected November 8, 2022. Current term expires December 31, 2028.
- Shareholder, Fredrikson & Byron, P.A. 2006-2019
Shareholder in 250+ lawyer firm; former member of the Associate Development Committee and Hiring Committees. Lead lawyer in numerous complex commercial matters including, class actions, partnership and shareholder disputes, family business disputes. Appointed by the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota to serve as its Special Counsel on several occasions.
- Partner, Rider Bennett, 1999 to 2006
Partner in a 150+ law firm. Managed a wide array of commercial disputes and insurance-related disputes involving coverage and defense through trial. Handled extensive negotiations and settlements.
- Law Clerk, United States District Court for the District of Minnesota, July 1998 to August 1999
Drafted bench memoranda and court opinions. Consulted and advised Chief Judge Rosenbaum on legal issues, including dispositive motions, sentencing, jury instructions and emergency hearings.
- Kings County District Attorney’s Office, October 1996 to February 1998
Drafted complaints. Analyzed and determined the disposition of criminal cases. Conducted arraignments. Interrogated defendants and interviewed witnesses. Investigated crime scenes. Attended police line-up identifications. Presented evidence and witnesses before grand juries.
Shareholder, Fredrikson & Byron, P.A.
- Partner, Rider Bennet LLP
- Law clerk, Hon. James M. Rosenbaum, former Chief Judge, U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- Assistant District Attorney, King’s County District Attorney’s Office, Brooklyn, New York
Professional and Community Activities:
- Director, Minnesota Chapter Infinity Project
- Co-Chair and Co-Founder, Leadership Summit on Gender Equity in the Law
- Volunteer, serving meals at the Church of St. Stephens in Minneapolis
- Former Director, Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid