Appointed on November 16, 2020, by Governor Tim Walz. Term ends in January 2023.
University of Minnesota, B.A.
University of Minnesota Law School, J.D.
- Hennepin County Attorney’s Office, Senior Assistant County Attorney (2009-2020)
- Minnesota Court of Appeals, Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Thomas Kalitowski and the Honorable Heidi Schellhas (2008-2009)
- Member, Minnesota District Judge Association
- Minnesota District Judge Foundation Planning and Education Committee
- Member, Fourth Judicial District Equal Justice Committee
- Member, Fourth Judicial District Judicial Officer Device Committee
- Member, Youth Justice Council – Eliminating Racial Disparities Committee
- Member, Minnesota Association of Black Lawyers
- Former President (2011-2012)
- Former Secretary (2008-2010)
- Former Member, City of Minneapolis Public Safety Policy Transformation Task Force
- Former Member, Hennepin County Trauma Screening Assessment Committee
- Former Member, Hennepin County Out-of-Home Placement Training Committee
- Former Member, Minnesota County Attorney’s Association
- Former Member, National District Attorney’s Association
Professional and Community Activities:
- Adjunct Professor, University of St. Thomas School of Law
- Co-Editor and Committee Member, Minnesota Criminal Benchbook
- Volunteer, Clare Housing Organization
- Volunteer Judge, William McGee Civil Rights Moot Court