Appointed to the Court of Appeals by Governor Tim Walz on September 11, 2023.
Appointed to the District Court March 8, 2022 by Governor Tim Walz.
J.D., University of California, Berkeley School of Law, 2003
B.A., Occidental College, magna cum laude
- Office of the Federal Defender, District of Minnesota, Assistant Federal Defender (2016-2022)
- Minnesota Attorney General's Office, Assistant Attorney General (2015-2016)
- Orange County Office of the Public Defender, Deputy Public Defender (2010-2015)
- American Samoa Office of the Public Defender, Assistant Public Defender (2009-2010)
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller, & Ciresi, L.L.P., Associate Attorney (2007-2009)
- Cades Schutte, L.L.P., Associate Attorney (2005-2006)
- Hawai'i Supreme Court, Judicial Law Clerk to Associate Justice Steven H. Levinson (ret.) (2003-2005)
- Bar Admissions: Minnesota, Hawai'i, California, and American Samoa
- Bar Memberships: Minnesota American Indian Bar Association, Minnesota Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Native Hawaiian Bar Association, and Federal Bar Association
Professional and Community Activities:
- Past co-chair and member, Minnesota American Indian Bar Association Scholarship Committee
- Volunteer, Federal District Court "Open Doors" program (justice system and mock trial presentations to Minnesota high school students)
- Co-manager, Federal Defender law clerk program
- Federal Defender representative, Federal Practice Committee
- Volunteer coach, community youth sports
- 2021 Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers Special Achievement Award
- 2020 Minnesota Lawyer "Attorney of the Year"
- 2019 Minnesota Lawyer "Attorney of the Year"