Appointed March 8, 2022 by Governor Tim Walz. Current term expires January 6, 2025.
J.D., University of California, Berkeley School of Law, 2003
B.A., Occidental College, magna cum laude
- Office of the Federal Defender, District of Minnesota, Assistant Federal Defender (2016-2022)
- Minnesota Attorney General's Office, Assistant Attorney General (2015-2016)
- Orange County Office of the Public Defender, Deputy Public Defender (2010-2015)
- American Samoa Office of the Public Defender, Assistant Public Defender (2009-2010)
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller, & Ciresi, L.L.P., Associate Attorney (2007-2009)
- Cades Schutte, L.L.P., Associate Attorney (2005-2006)
- Hawai'i Supreme Court, Judicial Law Clerk to Associate Justice Steven H. Levinson (ret.) (2003-2005)
- Bar Admissions: Minnesota, Hawai'i, California, and American Samoa
- Bar Memberships: Minnesota American Indian Bar Association, Minnesota Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Native Hawaiian Bar Association, and Federal Bar Association
Professional and Community Activities:
- Past co-chair and member, Minnesota American Indian Bar Association Scholarship Committee
- Volunteer, Federal District Court "Open Doors" program (justice system and mock trial presentations to Minnesota high school students)
- Co-manager, Federal Defender law clerk program
- Federal Defender representative, Federal Practice Committee
- Volunteer coach, community youth sports
- 2021 Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers Special Achievement Award
- 2020 Minnesota Lawyer "Attorney of the Year"
- 2019 Minnesota Lawyer "Attorney of the Year"