New Limitations at Court Facilities
Per an order
from Chief Justice Lorie S. Gildea, the Minnesota Judicial Branch is limiting in-person activities in court facilities in response to increased COVID-19 infection rates in Minnesota:
- Jury Trials: Jury trials in progress will continue until complete. No new jury trials will begin prior to February 1, 2021. Exceptions may be granted for in-person proceedings under limited circumstances.
- Remote Hearings: All hearings will be conducted remotely. Exceptions may be granted for in-person proceedings under limited circumstances.
- Public Access: At least one counter service window must be open during normal business hours. Services may be provided remotely or by appointment only. See below for current information on public access to our court facilities.
- Self-Help Center services are available by phone and email.
Public Access to Crow Wing County Court Facilities
Public service counters and public access terminals (courthouse terminals) are available during the business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Other County-Specific Information
- For customers who do not have access to the appropriate technology, Ipads are available at the courthouse to appear remotely for hearings. Please call Crow Wing County District Court at (218) 824-1310 to check availability for this service.
- To appear in person for your court hearing, you must notify Court Administration two days in advance of the court date.
- For customers appearing for a first hearing on criminal matters, please complete and submit the appropriate statement of rights to Court Administration as noted below. Your hearing may be delayed if the court has not received this information by the court date.
- You may complete the public defender application if you are requesting a court appointed attorney.
Felony-Gross Misdemeanor rights
Probation Violation rights
Public Defender Application
Submit your completed forms to Crow Wing County Court Administration:
- US MAIL TO: 213 LAUREL STREET, SUITE 11, BRAINERD, MN 56401
- DROP OFF AT THE COURT ADMINISTRATION COUNTER
- PUT IN DROP BOX BY FRONT SECURITY IN THE JUDICIAL CENTER
If you have questions about a case filed in Crow Wing County, you may contact us by phone or email: