Parenting Education Classes
Eighth District Parent Education Required in Contested Custody or Parenting Time Cases:
Pursuant to Minn. Stat. § 518.157 enacted in 1998, parents involved in contested custody or parenting time cases, regardless of whether a marriage relationship exists, must complete a minimum of eight hours of parent education. In all other proceedings involving custody, support, or parenting time, the court has discretion to order the parents to attend a parent education program. The courses attended by parents must meet the Parent Education Minimum Standards.
Starting August 1, 2021, unless otherwise ordered, participation in a parent education course must begin within 30 days of the first filing in the case and prior to an Initial Case Management Conference, if one is scheduled.
Currently approved courses:
- Parents Forever In-Person Courses offered by
- Parenting Resource Center, Austin, (507) 437-8330 (no child care available)
- True Foundation Counseling Services, Brooklyn Park, (763) 657-1551.
- Fergus Falls Community Education, Fergus Falls, (218) 998-0544.
- Health Resources, Detroit Lakes, (218) 844-8822
- Friends Against Abuse, International Falls, (218) 285-7220 (no child care available)
- Roseau County Northwest Mediation Services, Roseau, (218) 425-3106.
- Ann Mozey, Stillwater, (651) 644-1000 (no child care available)
Live Video Conferencing: