New Limitations at Court Facilities
Per an order
from Chief Justice Lorie S. Gildea, the Minnesota Judicial Branch is limiting in-person activities in court facilities in response to increased COVID-19 infection rates in Minnesota:
- Jury Trials: Jury trials in progress will continue until complete. No new jury trials will begin prior to February 1, 2021. Exceptions may be granted for in-person proceedings under limited circumstances.
- Remote Hearings: All hearings will be conducted remotely. Exceptions may be granted for in-person proceedings under limited circumstances.
- Public Access: At least one counter service window must be open during normal business hours. Services may be provided remotely or by appointment only. See below for current information on public access to our court facilities.
- Self-Help Center services are available by phone and email.
Public Access to Fillmore Court Facilities
- Public service counters and public access terminals (courthouse terminals) are available by Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Other County-Specific Information
If your case must be heard or you must visit the Fillmore County Courthouse, please be aware of the following changes:
- While some Fillmore County offices are closed and by appointment only to the public, the Fillmore County Courthouse is open to court customers that have business with the court.
- The Fillmore County Courthouse will remain open for approved in-person hearings. If family members or public want to attend an in-person hearing, they will need prior approval of the court. For approval, please call (507) 765-6021.
- Efforts will be made to accommodate remote appearances for every scheduled hearing. Making the Record for Remote Appearances - Tips for Judges and Attorneys
- For persons who have business with the court, eFiling, U.S. Mail, and Fax, and telephone access will be available.
- These measures should not adversely affect a litigant's case in any way.
If you have questions about a case filed in Fillmore County, you may contact us by phone or email: