Hennepin County has implemented additional requirements
for entry to all county buildings, which include all Hennepin County District Court courthouses. All visitors will be required to:
- Wear a face covering if they are not fully vaccinated
Do not enter the building if you have had any COVID-19 symptoms
Court operations continue to be in a transitional phase. To continue operations in a manner that prioritizes health and safety, the following is in effect June 14, 2021 – September 6, 2021:
Minnesota Judicial Branch COVID-19 Orders and Information »
Safety Reopening Court Facilities Resources »
- Criminal jury trials will be held in person.
- Civil jury trials can be held in person, as long as they do not interfere with a Major Criminal proceeding.
- Major Criminal, Juvenile Protection (including CHIPS and Permanency), and Juvenile Delinquency trials and contested hearings will be held in person.
- Criminal settlement conferences will be held in person.
- Grand jury proceedings will be held in person.
- Mandatory Misdemeanor Criminal trials and contested hearings are to be held in person beginning August 2, 2021.
- All other district court proceedings will be held remotely unless the Chief Judge of the Judicial District grants permission for an in-person proceeding based on extenuating circumstances.
- Public Service Counters: The following public service counters are open:
- If you have a question about a court case scheduled in Hennepin County District Court call (612) 348-6000. You may also contact the court by email and use the dropdown menu to select the appropriate county.
Additional orders regarding court operations are below: