Remote Court Hearing Instruction Video
Gradual Return to In-Person Court Proceedings
Court operations continue to be in a transitional phase. To continue operations in a manner that prioritizes health and safety, the following is in effect June 14, 2021 – September 6, 2021:
- Criminal jury trials will be held in person.
- Civil jury trials can be held in person, as long as they do not interfere with a Major Criminal proceeding.
- Major Criminal, Juvenile Protection (including CHIPS and Permanency), and Juvenile Delinquency trials and contested hearings will be held in person.
- Criminal settlement conferences will be held in person.
- Grand jury proceedings will be held in person.
- Mandatory Misdemeanor Criminal trials and contested hearings are to be held in person beginning August 2, 2021.
- All other district court proceedings will be held remotely unless the Chief Judge of the Judicial District grants permission for an in-person proceeding based on extenuating circumstances.
Face Coverings and Social Distancing
- Public Service Counter: Services may be provided by appointment, remotely or by telephone. See below for more information.
- Self-Help Center: Services are available by appointment, remotely, or by telephone.
- Social distancing will not be required.
- Face coverings are required in courtrooms and public spaces of our court facilities. Face coverings will be provided to individuals who do not have one. Judges may direct people to remove face coverings as necessary to conduct court hearings.
If you are required to visit a court facility but have COVID-19 symptoms or have had COVID-19 exposure in the last 14 days, contact the court or your attorney as soon as possible.
Minnesota Judicial Branch COVID-19 Orders and Information »
Safety Reopening Court Facilities Resources »
Court Administration Office Access
- Entry to the courthouse is through the main door near the parking lot on 18th Street.
- A public access to court records computer is available.
- Self-help center services are available remotely Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Call (651) 435-6535.
- Wearing masks is required. Visit the St. Louis County Website for more information about the County’s COVID-19 procedures.
If you have a court case scheduled in St. Louis County District Court in Hibbing, please call (218) 262-0105
to determine if your case will be heard or scheduled to a future date. You may also contact the court by email
and use the dropdown menu to select the appropriate county.
August 6, 2021 Order Requiring the Use of Face Coverings
Administrative Order - Order Governing the Continuing Operations of MN Judicial Branch
Administrative Order - Closure & Access to Judicial District Courthouse
Administrative Order - Court Operations in Civil Commitment Cases
June 11, 2020 Update
May 14, 2020 Update
April 14, 2020 Update
April 7, 2020 Update
March 24, 2020 Update