Map of Minnesota with Hennepin County highlighted

Hennepin County District Court


Some Court Services Available at Hennepin County Government Center

Hennepin County has implemented additional requirements for entry to all county buildings, which include all Hennepin County District Court courthouses. All visitors will be required to:
  • Wear a face covering.
  • Maintain six feet or two meters of social distancing, when possible.
Do not enter the building if you have had any COVID-19 symptoms.

Public Service Counters: The following public service counters are open:
  • Hearing Office, Hennepin County Government Center Skyway level
    • Note that the Hearing Office is not open for hearings, but for general questions only.
    • Access to technology for remote (Zoom) hearings is also available at the Hearing Office.
  • Records Center, Hennepin County Government Center Skyway level
    • Hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, no copy service available.
  • Criminal Division
    • C-11, Hennepin County Government Center
    • Public Safety Facility
    • Brookdale Courthouse
    • Ridgedale Courthouse
  • Civil Division, C-3, Hennepin County Government Center
    • Includes Conciliation Court, Housing Court, and Judgments
  • Probate/Mental Health Division, C-4, Hennepin County Government Center
  • Juvenile Justice Center
  • Family Justice Center
Self-Help Center services are available by phone and email.​

If you have a question about a court case scheduled in Hennepin County District Court call (612) 348-6000.  You may also contact the court by email and use the dropdown menu to select the appropriate county.

Webpages available for select high-profile cases

Hennepin County District Court has created webpages for select high-profile cases filed in the court. These pages include all public documents filed in the cases, and other information that will be helpful to parties interested in the cases.

You may sign up to receive an email notice whenever the webpage is updated, by clicking on the “Sign up to receive updates” link at the top of each page.

District Court initiatives to reduce pretrial detention

Hennepin County District Court, in collaboration with justice partners, has and continues to work to manage the pretrial detention of people appropriately at the Adult Detention Center (Hennepin County jail). A documentoutlining these efforts is available.

Criminal Court launches warrant hotline

Hennepin County Criminal Court has a warrant hotline where you can call to get information about your warrant and schedule a court hearing to take care of your case. Your warrant will stay active until you go to court, which means you could still be arrested even though you have scheduled court over the phone. This service gives you an opportunity to schedule a date to take care of it. Visit the Criminal court homepage for more information.

Video: Responding for jury duty in Hennepin County

Responding for jury duty? Watch a new video (5:08 minutes) to help you prepare. Please note, this video does not reflect changes to facilities and protocols that were put in place to meet social distancing and safety needs, due to COVID-19.


Video: Going to Criminal Court in Hennepin County

Going to Court? Watch a video (4:31 minutes) to help you prepare.
Picture of a woman paying for a traffic ticket to a male court employee.

Video: Get Tips on How to Handle a Ticket in Hennepin County

Got a ticket or citation? Watch our new video (5 min.) to learn about your options.

Image of traffic ticket envelope with red stripe and court's address

Tickets & Fines

Got a ticket? Learn how to resolve it at the Violations Bureau & Hearing Office.

Judicial Branch News | Notices

Civil Court

The Civil Court handles non-criminal cases involving contracts, personal injury, property claims, name changes, implied consent, harassments, and more.

Conciliation Court

Conciliation Court, also known as small claims court, handles civil cases involving money claims of $15,000 or less.

Criminal & Traffic Court

The Criminal Division handles cases in four different court locations, and includes several courts that focus only on certain types of offenses.

Family Court

Family Court handles cases involving matters such as divorce, paternity, domestic abuse, child custody, support and visitation.

Housing Court

Housing Court is a specialty court that handles cases involving landlord and tenant disputes.

Juvenile Court

Juvenile Court handles adoptions, delinquency and child protection matters involving children under the age of eighteen 18.

Probate / Mental Health Court

The Probate Court handles cases involving property of deceased persons; court-supervised trusts; and guardianships and conservatorships for minor children and incapacitated or incompetent adults. Mental Health Court handles cases involving the civil commitment of people to treatment centers, and referrals from Criminal Court.

Learn about Hearing eReminders and how to sign up!

calendar imageCourt Hearing Calendar »


Looking to access a hearing remotely by video? Use the Court Calendar to identify the judicial officer assigned to the hearing and contact the judicial officer’s staff via email to arrange attendance.

Looking for a different day? Go to MPA Remote and select Court Calendar.

Location Key:

FJC - Family Justice Center
GC - Hennepin County Govt. Center
JJC - Juvenile Justice Center
PSF - Public Safety Facility
Suburban Courts - Regional service centers located at Brookdale and Ridgedale


  • This daily calendar is updated during court business hours. It is SUBJECT TO CHANGE and may not include all cases handled by the court that day. Only scheduled activities appear in the calendar.
  • The calendar does NOT include Juvenile Court cases. For information on those case, please call Juvenile Court Administration at (612) 348-4822.
  • Do not assume a court hearing has been canceled or rescheduled if it is not in the calendar. Parties are required to appear in court for their scheduled court hearings, regardless of whether the hearing is listed in this calendar.
  • Some hearings and case details are "confidential" and will not be listed in the calendars (e.g., Orders for Protection, Paternity, etc). Some hearings may be closed to everyone except the parties.
  • Information in the calendar is subject to the MN Rules of Public Access.
  • For questions about criminal and traffic hearings, call (612) 348-2040.
  • For questions about other case types, contact the Court Administration office where the case is located.
Need to schedule a hearing? Contact the Court Division where your case is or will be filed.

Daily Judicial Assignment Roster »

Hennepin County judicial officers are assigned to handle cases in various court divisions, and assignments can change from day to day. Check the roster to find the location, phone number, and assignment for each judge and referee who is schedule for hearings. For questions, please call (612) 348-2040.

Suburban Court Calendars

Some criminal cases have hearings in our suburban court locations (Brooklyn Center and Minnetonka). Criminal justice partners who want to view Suburban Court assignments can refer to the following calendars:
Suburban Court Calendar 01/04/2021 to 04/02/2021
Suburban Court Calendar 04/05/2021 to 07/02/2021
Suburban Payable Case Calendars 03/01/2021 to 07/02/2021

back to top ▴

Records Center »

The centralized Records Center provides public access to court records online, in person, and by mail. Note: Transcript Requests are handled by the Court Reporter Unit, not the Records Center.

For questions about specific case types, go to:

Make checks payable to: District Court Administrator

Go to the Minnesota Court Fees catalog to see calculations of base filing fees plus add-ons. Note that use of eFile & eServe requires a $5.00 processing fee.

Changes effective July 1, 2018.

Civil Court

  • Plaintiff / Defendant Filing Fee - $297.00
  • Name Change Applicant Filing Fee - $297.00
  • Jury Fee (party requesting jury pays the fee) - $100.00
  • Plea of Confession if amount confessed is $15,000 or less* - $70.00
  • Plea of Confession if amount confessed is over $15,000* - $297.00
  • Implied Consent* - $297.00
  • Tax Court Regular Division* - $297.00
  • Tax Court Small Claims Division*- $160.00
  • Foreign Judgment (out of state) of $15,000 or less - file a certified copy to register a case* - $70.00
  • Foreign Judgment (out of state) over $15,000 - file certified copy to register a case* - $297.00
  • Demand for Removal Appeal (court trial) - $ 297.00
  • Demand for Removal Appeal (jury trial) - $397.00
  • Administrative Appeals*- $297.00
  • Appellate/Supreme Court - Notice of Appeal and Petition for Writ of Certiorari - $550.00
  • Motion or Responsive Motion in a Civil case - $75.00
  • Fax 1 - 50 pages - $25.00
  • Every 50 additional pages - $25.00
See Miscellaneous Fees below for more details on fees for documents, forms, etc.

Conciliation Court

  • Claim - up to $15,000* - $70.00
  • Counterclaim - up to $15,000* - $70.00
  • Subpoena - $16.00
  • Witness Fee - $20.00
  • Witness round trip mileage - $0.28/mile
  • Copy of court record - $8.00
  • Certified copy of court record - $14.00
  • Request for Driver's License Suspension - $14.00
  • Special Term Motion (first filing)* - $70.00
  • Appeal – court trial* - $297.00
  • Appeal – jury trial* - $397.00
See Miscellaneous Fees below for more details on fees for documents, forms, etc.

Criminal / Traffic Court

  • Copy of ticket- original - $8.00
  • Copy of ticket- screen print - $8.00
  • Records Check - Certified, if no record - $14.00
  • Records Check - Certified, if record exists - $14.00
  • Expungement of a Criminal Case Record - $297.00
  • Criminal Expungement Forms Packet + Criminal History Printout (Register of Actions) - $8.00
See "Miscellaneous Fees" below for more details on fees for documents, forms, etc.

Family Court

  • Petitioner / Plaintiff and Respondent / Defendant filing fees:
    • Divorce (Dissolution) with or without Children, Summary Dissolution - $377.00
    • Domestic Abuse - no fee
    • Annulment, Child Support, Legal Separation - $347.00
    • Custody, Family Other, Paternity, Separate Maintenance - $297.00
  • Motion/Response to motions or actions subsequent to the initial filing requiring a hearing date or action by the court - $75.00
  • Child Support Motion - $50.00 motions
  • Fax 1 - 50 pages - $25.00
  • Every 50 additional pages - $25.00
See Miscellaneous Fees below for more details on fees for documents, forms, etc.

Housing Court

  • File an Eviction Action* - $297.00
  • File a Lock Out, Emergency Tenant Remedy Action, or a Tenant Remedy Action* - $297.00
  • File a Rent Escrow* - $70.00
  • Writ of Recovery of Premises and Order to Vacate - $55.00
  • Request for a jury trial - $100.00
  • File a Motion or Response to Motion - $75.00
See Miscellaneous Fees below for more details on fees for documents, forms, etc.

Juvenile Court

  • File a Motion or Response to a Motion - $75.00
  • Motion to Intervene as a Party - $297.00
  • Petition for Adoption (child born in the U.S.) - $372.00
  • Petition for Adoption (child born outside the U.S.) - $297.00
  • Petition for Adoption (Adult) - $297.00
  • Petition for Dependency, Neglect or Termination of Parental Rights - $297.00
See Miscellaneous Fees below for more details on fees for documents, forms, etc.

Miscellaneous Fees

  • Transcript of Judgment issued from District Court - $40.00
  • Transcript of Judgment docketed in District Court - $40.00
  • Transcript of Hearings and Court Proceedings - see Transcript Requests
  • File a Satisfaction of Judgment or partial satisfaction - $5.00
  • Assignment of Judgment - $5.00
  • Application for Discharge of Judgment - $5.00+
  • Certificate of Discharge of Judgment - $5.00
  • Issuing all Writs/Filing return - $55.00
  • Judgment Search (fee for each name certified) - $5.00
  • File documents by Fax (per group of 50 pages or part thereof) - $25.00
  • Request for Disclosure - $5.00
  • Order to Show Cause After Disclosure - $5.00
  • Request for Driver's License Suspension - $14.00
  • Notice of Attorney’s Lien - $1.00
  • Subpoena (each name) - $16.00
  • Copy of Filed Court Document - Certified - $14.00
  • Copy of Filed Court Document - Exemplified/Authenticated - $14.00
  • Copy of Filed Court Document - Uncertified - $8.00
  • Copy of Unfiled Documents - $8.00
  • Copy of Register of Actions - $8.00
  • Court Forms and Instruction Packets 0-10 pages - No fee
  • Court Forms and Instruction Packets 11+ pages - $5.00
  • Criminal Expungement Forms Packet + Criminal History Printout (Register of Actions) - $10.00
  • Divorce Forms Packet (with or without Children) - $10.00
  • Harassment Forms Packet - No fee
  • NSF Checks (non-sufficient funds) - $30.00

Probate Court

  • Initial Filing Fee (Estates, Trusts, Guardianships, Conservatorships) - $297.00
  • Responding, Intervening, or Adverse Parties (first filing) (Estates, Trusts, Guardianships, Conservatorships) - $297.00
  • Petition commencing action after dismissal of initial petition (or case) (Estates, Trusts, Guardianships, Conservatorships) - $297.00
  • Guardianship Motions and Responses - $77.00 (Exceptions: No fee is charged for uncontested petitions to allow accounts, sell real estate or discharges. A party objecting to a petition must pay either an initial filing fee or motion fee, as applicable.)
  • Trust Motions and Responses to Motions - $75.00
  • Trust Accounts (Annual or Partial) - $55.00
  • Deposit of Wills (Safekeeping) - $27.00
  • Certified Sale Papers - $42.00 (Note: $42 includes Will, Order, and Letters. Additional documents are $14 per document.)
  • Certified Sale Papers for Successor - $56.00 (Note: $56 includes Will, Order, Successor Order, and Successor Letters. Additional documents are $14 per document.)
  • Subpoena - $16.00
  • Copy of Filed Court Document – Certified - $14.00
  • Copy of Filed Court Document - Exemplified or Authenticated - $14.00
  • Copy of Filed Court Document – Uncertified - $8.00
  • Copy of Unfiled Document - $8.00
  • MNCIS Register of Actions - $8.00
  • Lis Pendens Certificate - $16.00
  • Records Check - Certified, if record exists (per name or variation thereof) (customer gets a printout of all cases) - $14.00
  • Records Check - Certified, if no record is found (per name or variation thereof) (customer gets a Clerk's Certificate certifying no record found after due and diligent search) - $14.00
  • NSF Checks (non-sufficient funds) - $30.00
See Miscellaneous Fees above for more details on fees for documents, forms, etc.

Note: Some fees decreased per Minn. Stat. 357.021s2 on July 1, 2018 (see public notice).

back to top ▴

MN Court Forms Catalog »

Browse the catalog to find forms that can be can be used in any Minnesota county district court. Also see the Appendix of Forms in the Minnesota Rules of Court.

Hennepin County Court Forms

The forms listed below are for use only in the Hennepin County District Court. To use these forms in another court, you must contact that specific county Court Administration and confirm that they will accept the form.

Other Legal Forms

Civil Forms

back to top ▴

Conciliation Court Forms

back to top ▴

Criminal Court Forms

Family Court Forms

back to top ▴

General Forms

Housing Court Forms

Judgments Court Forms

back to top ▴

Juvenile Court Forms

Probate Court Forms

Formal Probate Forms Informal Probate Forms Note: A Power of Attorney form is not a court form, but it is a legal form that may be helpful in taking care of important financial and property matters for an incapacitated adult.

Traffic Court Forms

Other Legal Forms

If you cannot find a form on this website or at the courthouse, visit your local law library, a legal forms publisher, or talk to a lawyer. Some county-specific court forms might only be available at your local courthouse.

back to top ▴
Hennepin County District Court Judges are assigned to Judicial Teams (or "buddy judges") for each court Division. Judges on a team may handle another team member's case in an emergency. See Policy D.18 - Buddy Judges and Intra-Division Assignments.

Chief Judge: Barnette, Toddrick S.
Assistant Chief Judge: Meyer, Kerry W.

Signing Judges

 A signing judge is available for most case types Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon and 1:30 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. in Room #C-593 on the 5th floor of the Courts Tower of the Hennepin County Government Center. To meet with a signing judge for Family Court cases, go to Family Court Signing Judge Hours.

A View of the Bench »
  Photo collage of Hennepin County judges
The Hennepin County District Court has two walk-in Self-Help Centers that offer services to people who are representing themselves in court (see Locations & Hours tab). Some services are also available at Conciliation Court, Housing Court, and the Domestic Abuse Service Center. The public may also visit the Hennepin County Law Library to find "do-it-yourself" legal materials and get help with legal research. NOTE: This website is not a substitute for legal advice. Talk with a lawyer if you need advice.

Please be aware that walk-in services are unavailable at this time.  Customers are encouraged to call or email the Statewide Self-Help Center

Walk-in Services

The Self-Help Centers have computers with access to online resources such as tools to fill out court forms, "how-to" videos, and tutorials that are available on a first-come first-served basis. Other services include:

  • Court forms and written instructions (some fees may apply)
  • Brief legal advice from volunteer attorneys
  • One-on-one help to learn court procedures
  • One-on-one review of your court forms
  • Referrals to community resources and legal services
  • Staff speak English, Somali, Spanish and American Sign Language

See What Court Staff Can & Cannot Do

Tips on Using the Self-Help Centers

  • Visit the Help Topics on the MN Courts website before you come to the courthouse. That website offers lots of information on common legal topics as well as online tools to fill out court forms, "how to" videos, and tutorials. You may be able to handle your legal matter or find answers to your questions without going to the courthouse.
  • Please arrange for child care. The walk-in Self-Help Centers do NOT have a play area or toys for children. You and other customers will need to be able to focus on legal issues without distractions.
  • Expect to spend some time on your legal issues, both on your own as well as at the Self-Help Center. You may have to return to the Self-Help Center several times to complete the steps in your case.
  • Bring your checkbook or cash. Walk-in services are free at the Self-Help Center, but there may be a fee for certain things in your case. Example: criminal history printouts, subpoenas, forms, and filing.

Mandatory Forms Screening

If your case is filed in Hennepin County Family Court and you are not represented by an attorney, then your forms must be screened by the Family Justice Center Self-Help Center before a hearing date will be set. (Exception: Screening is not required for "ex pro" child support motions where the County Child Support Office is involved in the case.)  The screening process does not mean that the judge or referee will automatically grant your requests. The case will be decided based on the law, the evidence, and the legal arguments of all of the parties involved in the case.

How to Get Court Forms Screened


Get these papers together:

  1. The forms you plan to file with the court. These must be filled out to the best of your ability. If you have questions that keep you from finishing the forms, please call the Family Court Self-Help Center at (612) 596-8519.
  2. A copy of the latest court order(s) that you want to change or enforce through your motion.
  3. If you are responding to a motion served on you, all the papers you received from the other person.


If you have forms that need to be reviewed by the Family Court Self-Help Center while our walk-in location is closed, send an email to 4thshcweb@courts.state.mn.us or call (612) 596-8519 and leave a voicemail with your contact information.  Staff will respond to emails within 1-3 business days.

Q:  How can the Family Justice Center Self-Help Center help me?
The staff will sit with you and explain any problems with your completed forms and answer your questions, but cannot give you legal advice. The next steps in the process will be explained. If you are having trouble with the forms, do not understand the written instructions you received, or if the forms do not seem to fit your situation, a facilitator can help you work through your papers.

Q: Do I need an appointment or can I get help on a walk-in basis?
A lot of people use the Self-Help Center, so you are strongly encouraged to schedule an appointment to have your forms reviewed rather than try to do it on a walk-in basis. Appointments are usually available from 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., Monday - Friday. 

If your case involves third party custody, then you MUST schedule an appointment.  These cases are complicated and generally cannot be reviewed on a walk-in basis. If your case involves other family law disputes, court staff may be available to help you on a walk-in basis, but you may have to wait quite a while to speak with someone.

NOTE: Appointments can often last more than an hour, so please plan ahead for parking, child care, or if you need to take time off of work. Allow extra time for traffic and parking so you are not late for your appointment. We only hold appointments for 10 minutes.

By E-mail

Use the Contact Us form to send us your question by e-mail at any time, and we will try to answer within two to three business days.

By Phone

People representing themselves in court can ask questions about court forms, procedures, and legal resources by calling the Statewide Self-Help Center during service hours.

Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. (Closed Holidays)
Phone: (651) 435-6535

In Person

Please be aware that in person services are unavailable at this time.  Customers are encouraged to call or email the Statewide Self-Help Center.

Self-Help Center

Hennepin Co. Govt. Center
300 South 6th Street
2nd Floor, PSL
Minneapolis, MN 55487-0421
(612) 348-9399 (recording)

Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
(closed Holidays)


Services at the Government Center Self-Help Center:

Help is offered on criminal expungement, Harassment Restraining Orders (HROs), civil lawsuits, creditor/debtor issues, name changes, and other civil legal matters.

Court forms are available for pick-up from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday. Please note that some services are limited starting at 2:30 p.m.

In Person

Family Court Self-Help Center
Family Justice Center

110 South 4th Street 
1st Floor
Minneapolis, MN 55401
(612) 596-8519 (recording)

Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. 
(closed holidays)

Services at the Family Court Self-Help Center 

Help is available to people representing themselves in Hennepin County Family Court on common family law issues such as divorce, child custody, parenting time, and child support.

Court forms are available for pick-up starting at 8 a.m. Arrive early for the best chance of getting the forms you need. There is a fee of $5.00 for many forms.

Court forms review service:

  • Walk-in review of completed court forms starts at 8 a.m., Monday-Friday, on a first-come, first-served basis, until the list is full.  Arrive early for the best chance of getting assistance.  Walk-in review of forms is not available from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. or after 2:30 p.m.
  • By appointment: Call (612) 596-1067 to schedule an appointment.  Review of some forms requires an appointment.

NOTE: Get help with domestic abuse and Orders for Protection at the Domestic Abuse Service Center.

Volunteer lawyers give brief, free legal advice at several locations in the Hennepin County Court, including the Self-Help Centers, Conciliation Court, Housing Court, and the Courthouse at Brookdale. Use of these advice clinics is generally limited to people who live in Hennepin County or have a court case in Hennepin County. Some clinic services are also limited to people whose income is within a certain range of the Federal Poverty GuidelinesAll clinics are first-come, first served.

Please be aware that all Hennepin County District Court in person legal advice clinics are canceled until further notice.  All Volunteer Lawyer's Network (VLN) clinics located at Hennepin County District Court locations have been changed from in-person to telephone-based services.  Call 612-752-6677 for more information.

Legal Access Point (LAP) Clinic at the Government Center

Sign up for all clinic times starts at 8:00 a.m.
  General public: Free legal consults are available on most legal topics. No income limit applies.
  Hours: Monday - Friday:  9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Monday:  1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
  People with low income: Free legal consults for people with low income on most legal topics, except family law and criminal law.
  Hours: Monday - Friday:  11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday:  1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday 1:00 p.m.- 3:00 p.m. (criminal expungement issues only)
  Location: 4th District Court Self-Help Center
Hennepin County Govt. Center
300 S. 6th St., skyway level
Minneapolis, MN 55487 map
    Check the Legal Access Point Clinic Calendar to see legal topics handled by volunteer attorneys each day. Attorneys listed as “General” on the Calendar do not give family law or criminal law advice. NOTE: The advice clinic attorneys are volunteers. Their schedules are subject to changes or cancellations without notice. Call (612) 752-6666 if you want to confirm that an attorney will be at the advice clinic on a particular day.

Legal Access Point (LAP) Clinic at the Brookdale Courthouse

  General public: Free legal consults are available on any legal topic. No income limit applies.
  Hours: 12:00 noon - 2:00 p.m. Monday only (usually once each month). Please call (612) 752-6666 to confirm when an attorney is scheduled to be at the clinic.
  Location: 4th District Court
Division 2 - Brookdale
6125 Shingle Creek Pkwy., 1st floor
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430 map

Free on-site parking is available at the Brookdale Courthouse.

Conciliation Court Clinic

  People with low income: Free legal consults are available on Conciliation Court matters (generally, for claims up to $15,000). You must be screened for income eligibility to use the clinic.
  Hours: Tuesday: 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Thursday:  9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
  Location: Minneapolis City Hall
350 South 5th Street
Room #312
Minneapolis, MN 55415 map

Conciliation Court Appeals Clinic

  People with low income: Free legal consults are available for people who want to appeal (remove) a conciliation court judgment to district court. You must be screened for income eligibility to use the clinic.
  Hours: 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month
  Location: Minneapolis City Hall
350 South 5th Street
Room #312
Minneapolis, MN 55415 map

Family Court Clinic

Sign up for all clinics starts at 8:00 a.m.
Volunteer attorneys sometimes cancel, so call (612) 752-6677 if you want to confirm that an attorney is scheduled.

  People with low income: Free legal consults for people with low income (up to 300% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines) on family law topics only.
  Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday:  10:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
No clinic on Wednesdays
    Sign-up for the advice clinic starts at 8:00 a.m. at the Family Court Self-Help Center on a first-come, first-served basis. The number of openings is very limited.
  Location: Family Justice Center
110 S. 4th St., 1st floor
Minneapolis, MN 55401 map
    Family Law Advice by Phone
Low-income people who live in Hennepin County can get a free 20-minute legal advice consult on family law matters from the Volunteer Lawyers Network. To schedule a consult, please call the VLN Intake Line at (612) 752-6677 from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Monday, Wednesday or Thursday.
    MN Family Law Clinic Calendar
See dates, times and locations of family law advice clinics offered throughout Minnesota.

Housing Court Project

  People with low income: To use the clinic, a tenant must have low income and live in Hennepin County.

To use the clinic, a landlord must have low income and live in the rental property located in Hennepin County. The property title must be recorded in the landlord's name, not as a business.
  Hours: Monday: 12:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
    Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 noon
12:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. (tenants only)
    Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 noon
12:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
    Thursday: 12:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. (tenants only)
    Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 noon
12:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
  Location: 4th District Housing Court
Hennepin County Govt. Center
300 S. 6th St., 3rd floor in C-tower
Minneapolis, MN 55487 map




8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
Closed holidays


ADA Accommodation Request (612) 348-5181
Child Support Hearings (612) 348-6734
Citations (612) 348-2040 - or Email
Civil Court (612) 348-3164 - or Email
Civil Court Fax (612) 348-2131
Conciliation Court (612) 348-6000
Court Information Line (612) 348-6000
Linea de Informacion (Español) (612) 596-9275
Court Records Center (612) 348-3170
Court Reporter Unit (612) 596-2870
Criminal Court (612) 348-2040 - or Email
Criminal Court Records (612) 348-2040
District Administration (612) 596-9600 - or Email
District Administration Fax (612) 348-2510
Domestic Abuse Service Center (612) 348-5073
Drug Court (612) 348-2040
Education & Outreach - Email
eFile & eServe Help (855) 291-8246
Evictions (612) 348-5186
Expungements - Criminal Court (612) 348-2040
Expungements - Housing Court (612) 348-5186
Family Court (612) 348-6734
Family Court Fax (612) 596-9309
Family Court Records (612) 596-1089
Family Court Self Help Center (612) 596-8519
Fines (612) 348-2040 - or Email
Guardian ad Litem Program (Family Court) (612) 596-7540
Guardian ad Litem Program (Juvenile Court) (612) 348-6824
Guardianship / Conservatorship (Probate Court) (612) 348-3244 - or Email
Harassment Restraining Orders (612) 348-3164
Hearing Office (Citations/Tickets) (612) 348-2040
Housing Court (612) 348-5186
Human Resources (612) 348-2298
Implied Consent Cases (Civil) (612) 348-3164
Judges & Referees Directory
Judgments (Civil Court) (612) 348-3169
Judgments (Conciliation Court) (612) 348-2713
Jury Office (612) 348-3158
Juvenile Court (612) 348-4822
Juvenile Court (Español) (612) 596-7111 - or Email
Juvenile Court Fax (612) 317-6117
Legislative Relations (612) 348-3327
Marriage Line (weddings) (612) 348-9962
Media & Public Affairs (612) 348-5022
Mental Health Court (612) 348-6868
Mental Health Court Fax (612) 348-2130
Outreach & Education - Email
Probate Court (612) 348-3244 - or Email
Probate Court Fax (612) 348-2130
Probate Court Records (612) 348-8016
Property Court (Criminal) (612) 348-2040
Psychological Services (612) 348-3723
Public Affairs & Media (612) 348-5022
Public Case Records (612) 348-3170
Public Data Request - Email
Public Safety Facility (Criminal Court) (612) 348-2040
Records Center (Main) (612) 348-3170
Research Department (612) 348-6000
Security & Emergency (612) 348-5111
Self Help Center (Main) (612) 348-9399 - or Email
Self Help Center (Family Court) (612) 596-8519 - or Email
Small Claims (Conciliation) Court (612) 348-2713
Tickets & Fines (612) 348-2040 - or Email
Traffic Court (612) 348-2040 - or Email
Transcript Requests (612) 596-2870
Violations Bureau (612) 348-2040 - or Email
Webmaster (Hennepin) - Email
Weddings (Marriage Line) (612) 348-9962

Back to top ▴