Career, Volunteer and Intern Opportunities >
PLEASE NOTE: Most vacancies currently use our online tool, however some vacancies are being posted using the traditional posting process. We ask that you please follow the listed instructions for each posting to ensure your application and/or resume is received.
If you already work for a state agency, please read this following fact sheet carefully which talks about InterBranch Transfers.
How do I apply for employment opportunities?
Everything is done through our website, www.mncourts.gov. There you will find links to job opportunities, and will be able to create an account and apply for jobs. For a step by step desription of how to apply go to the "How to apply" link on the website. Remember to keep a record of your username and password once you have set up an account as you will need it to apply for other positions or to check the status of your application.
How do I find out what jobs are available?
A list of available positions can be viewed 24 hours a day; 7 days a week from any computer with Internet access. Visit the Career Opportunities web site at www.mncourts.gov.
What if I need help applying?
For assistance applying for Minnesota Judicial Branch vacancies, please contact Human Resources at 651-284-3863 or send an email to MJB.HRRecruitment@courts.state.mn.us.
What information will I be asked to provide?
You will be asked to provide information such as your name, address, phone number, email address, etc. You will also be asked to provide information about your education, employment history, and references. You will shorten the time it takes to complete your application if you gather this information before beginning the online process.
How long will it take to apply for a job?
On average, allow approximately 30 - 45 minutes to complete you application. After you complete the sections labeled "Agency Wide Questions," you can either click the "Save and Proceed" button to move to the next step of the application process or click the "Save Work in Progress" button and complete at a later time.
Note: You must click the "Confirm" button at the end of the application by 4:30 p.m. on the posted close date to be considered for recruitment.
How do I attach a resume, cover letter, or additional information to my application?
You may attach one document to the application. It must be in Word (wpd) or Adobe (pdf) format and must be no larger than 1MB. You may also cut and paste, or type text into the ‘Resume' field of the application.
How can I verify that my application has been received?
If you submitted electronically, you will receive an e-mail confirmation upon submission.
To verify the positions you've submitted applications for, login to http://www.governmentjobs.com/ using your user ID and password. Then click on Application Status to view the status of submitted applications.
How can I review the status of recruitment, my account or application?
You may check our Recruitment Process page to check the status of a recent recruitment.
You may also login to http://www.governmentjobs.com/. From this site, you can build new applications and see the status of your submitted applications.
Tips on navigating the online application;
- When you click on the word APPLY on the job announcement you will be taken to governmentjobs.com. This is our vendor's secure site where you will be walked through creating an account and filling out and submitting your application for the position. If you have not submitted an application using the system yet, click on the link which appears below the log in box to CREATE your account. Remember the User Name and Password you create - it is your key to your application account.
- Always move forward through the application by using the SAVE AND PROCEED buttons at the bottom of each page.
- If you are composing lengthy information you should do the composing in your word processing program and then copy and paste the information into the fields on the application. This will ensure that you do not lose information you spent a lot of time composing if you get disconnected from your browser.
- Your application information is saved as you complete each page and use the "Save and Proceed" button. You can close down, then come back later and pick up where you last saved information.
- Once you complete your application the information will be stored and available for your use for future job openings.
- If you submit your application and you wish to apply for a 2nd job before signing off you must return to the list of Job Openings. Click on another job title. The system will walk you through reviewing your application information and submitting your 2nd application.
- The fields on the application which have an asterisk (*) are required fields and you must type in something in order to continue with the application.
- If there is an error or missing information the system will re-load the page with the fields that need to be corrected identified near the top in red.
How do I access my on-line account once it has been established?
Once you have established your account, you may access your account by logging on to ww.governmentjobs.com or by clicking 'Account Status' located to the left of this page. You may check the status of your application(s), update your application(s), or create a new application, and view all jobs that you have applied for.
How and when can I update the information on my job application?
Changes can be made to your application at any time before it is submitted, or prior to applying for a new position. Once you submit an application for a particular position however, you cannot go back and make changes to that application. If you submit the application, make changes, and then submit another application before the position closes, we will only consider the most recent application received.
Please note that if you realize that you did not attach all of your documents to your application or you have changes that need to be made to your application, you will have to wait until the next day to make those changes and reapply to that job posting.
Can I be automatically notified of vacancy announcements?
Yes. You can fill out a job interest card for any position you are interested at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mncourts/default.cfm?action=openjobrequest&EmployerID=1531
What type of computer setup is needed to apply electronically?
The system requires Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher to apply online.
What do I do if I experience technical difficulties?
Please allow yourself plenty of time to apply online in case of technical difficulties with the system. Do not wait until the last day so our staff can help you with any problems you may encounter. Should you encounter difficulties, please contact 651-284-3863 for assistance. You can also contact us at MJB.HRRecruitment@courts.state.mn.us.
What if I want to apply on-line but don't have access to a computer?
If you do not have a computer:
- Use a computer at a local library.
- Use a computer at a local MN Workforce Center. For locations, see www.mnworkforcecenter.org
- Family and friends may also have a computer with Internet access available for your use.