Public Notice Detail
Dakota County Probate Division seeks an attorney to serve in guardianship and conservatorship cases
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2019
The First Judicial District Court, Dakota County Probate Division in conjunction with Dakota County Administration, is now accepting applications for one attorney to serve as a court appointed attorney in guardianship and/or conservatorship cases.
Qualification minimums include:
- Minimum of five years’ experience as an attorney with minimum of one year experience with guardianship/conservatorship cases.
- Current malpractice insurance with a minimum of $200,000 per occurrence/claim.
- Be willing to authorize the Courts to check with the Lawyers Professional Responsibility Board.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to file documentation electronically.
- Ability to handle emergency Guardianship/Conservatorship hearings upon short notice as they arise.
The current county contract rate is $75.00 per hour, with an approximate 8–12 hour time commitment per month. Court time commitment ranges from 1–2 days per month. Court hearings are usually held at the Dakota County Judicial Center in Hastings, MN.
Application (PDF) »
Authorization Form (PDF) »
Please mail completed qualification and authorization form with an attached resume to:
Jean Baldwin, Court Operations Manager
1560 West Hwy 55,
Hastings, MN 55033
Application, Authorization Form, and Resume deadline is Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.