In Family Court, Referee Hutchison helps people make the transition from being part of one kind of family to another by:
- Guiding families through a process designed to help them (i) understand; (ii) prioritize; and (iii) reach agreements based on their children’s long-term best interests, and (iv) learn skills to solve future parenting problems on their own – even after their case is “closed.”
- Using a similar process to help parties with financial disputes reach long-lasting agreements based on their negotiated understanding of what is fair and equitable under the circumstances.
- Knowing when the parties cannot reach an agreement (or when it is not appropriate to let them do so), and managing each case to reach a timely, well-reasoned, and well-explained decision that the parties can understand and follow.
- Always remembering that every hearing, every Order, every e-mail, every face-to-face meeting, and every phone call is an opportunity to educate parties and build trust in our chambers and Hennepin County Family Court.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Minnesota Law School, 2003
- B.A., University of Minnesota, Morris, 1996
- Normandale Community College, 1992 - 1994
- Family Court 11/30/16 – Present