eFS Communication Archive Detail
eFS Upgrade: Important Announcement for Internet Explorer Users
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2021
An update to the eFile and eServe (eFS) system could change how you electronically eFile and eServe documents in Minnesota district courts. This change will only impact some users who use the Internet Explorer browser to access eFS.
What is changing?
Microsoft is ending support for the Silverlight internet browser plug-in on October 12, 2021. As a result of this change, the Minnesota Judicial Branch will no longer support this version of the eFS portal
. This means anyone required to use eFS to electronically eFile and eServe documents, or voluntarily chooses to use eFS, must use the HTML5 eFS
portal. To help ensure a seamless transition to the new portal, it is recommended that filers transfer to HTML5 eFS
and familiarize themselves with the resources listed below as soon as possible.
What does this mean for you?
- Many Internet browsers – including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge, and Internet Explorer 10 or higher – support HTML5 eFS. If you are currently using one of these browsers to access the HTML5 eFS portal, this change does not impact you.
6 Steps to Transition to HTML5
- If you are currently accessing eFS through this link, you will need to begin using the HTML5 eFS to electronically eFile and eServe your documents. A few important items to note:
- The HTML5 eFS portal is a different link (URL) than what you have been using.
- Your account information will transfer, so you can sign in using your existing email/email address and password.
- The user interface on HTML5 eFS is different from the version you have been using. Training and resources are available to help you use the new portal.
To prevent any disruption in service in preparation for this required changed, here are six steps you can take to successfully transition to HTML5 eFS:
There is no need to wait until October 12, 2021 to use HTML5 eFS
- Test the URL for the HTML5 eFS portal to ensure your browser is compatible.
- If you are unable to access the site, you will need to upgrade your current browser or choose a different browser that supports HTML5. Supported browsers include Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge, and Internet Explorer 10 or higher.
- Bookmark the HTML5 eFiling portal for easy access to this new platform.
- Log in to the HTML5 eFiling portal using your existing email/email address and password.
- Review the HTML5 eFS training resources to familiarize yourself with this platform. Click on the gold “Training Materials” link near the top right to review the Quick Reference Guides (QRGs).
- Participate in an upcoming live, web-based HTML5 eFS training session.
- Start using HTML5 eFS to electronically eFile and eServe your documents.
. This platform is currently available, and our training resources will help ensure you are able to access and use the system. We strongly recommend you start using HTML5 eFS
as soon as possible.
Contact the MN eFile and eServe Support Team
with any questions.