Map of Minnesota with Hennepin County highlighted

Hennepin County District Court


Beware of Jury Scams

Please be aware that if you miss jury service the court will never ask a law enforcement officer to do the following over the phone:

  • collect a fine from you,
  • collect personal information,
  • or serve a warrant 
Scammers are spoofing law enforcement phone numbers, so if you are unsure, hang up and call the law enforcement agency directly.

If you receive a suspicious phone call of this nature, hang up, and promptly report the call your local Sheriff's Office.

Information about jury scams »


If you have a question about a court case scheduled in Hennepin County District Court call (612) 348-6000.  You may also contact the court by email and use the dropdown menu to select the appropriate county.

Warrant Helpline
Hennepin County District Court has updated its Warrant Helpline number that allows adult defendants to get information about their warrant and possibly schedule a court hearing to take care of their case. Effective June 24, 2024, the new number for the program is (612) 540-6485.

Criminal Court has a warrant helpline where you can call or email to get information about your warrant and schedule a court hearing to take care of your case. Your warrant will stay active until you go to court, which means you could still be arrested even though you have scheduled court over the phone. This service gives you an opportunity to schedule a date to take care of it. Visit the Criminal court homepage for more information. 

Face Coverings
Face coverings are not required in a court facility. Individuals who prefer to wear a face covering may continue to do so. Face coverings will be provided by court staff upon request. 
Symptoms and Contact
Do not visit any court facility if you are experiencing symptoms of coronavirus. If you are required to visit a court facility but have COVID-19 symptoms or have had COVID-19 exposure in the last 5 days, contact the court or your attorney as soon as possible.


Webpages available for select high-profile cases

Hennepin County District Court has created webpages for select high-profile cases filed in the court. These pages include all public documents filed in the cases, and other information that will be helpful to parties interested in the cases.

You may sign up to receive an email notice whenever the webpage is updated, by clicking on the “Sign up to receive updates” link at the top of each page.

District Court initiatives to reduce pretrial detention

Hennepin County District Court, in collaboration with justice partners, has and continues to work to manage the pretrial detention of people appropriately at the Adult Detention Center (Hennepin County jail). A document outlining these efforts is available.


Video: Responding for jury duty in Hennepin County

Responding for jury duty? Watch a new video (5:08 minutes) to help you prepare. Please note, this video does not reflect changes to facilities and protocols that were put in place to meet social distancing and safety needs, due to COVID-19.


Video: Going to Criminal Court in Hennepin County

Going to Court? Watch a video (4:31 minutes) to help you prepare.
Picture of a woman paying for a traffic ticket to a male court employee.

Video: Get Tips on How to Handle a Ticket in Hennepin County

Got a ticket or citation? Watch our new video (5 min.) to learn about your options.

Image of traffic ticket envelope with red stripe and court's address

Tickets & Fines

Got a ticket? You can make payments online, by phone, by mail, or in person.
Want to contest a ticket? Our Hearing Officers conduct video hearings by appointment or as a walk-in at our Government Center location.

Learn more about how to resolve a ticket on the Violations Bureau & Hearing Office page.

Judicial Branch News | Notices

Civil Court

The Civil Court handles non-criminal cases involving contracts, personal injury, property claims, name changes, implied consent, and more.

Conciliation Court

Conciliation Court, also known as small claims court, handles civil cases involving money claims of $20,000 or less.

Criminal & Traffic Court

The Criminal Division handles cases in four different court locations, and includes several courts that focus only on certain types of offenses.

Family Court

Family Court handles cases involving matters such as divorce, paternity, domestic abuse, harassments, child custody, support and visitation.

Housing Court

Housing Court is a specialty court that handles cases involving landlord and tenant disputes.

Juvenile Court

Juvenile Court handles adoptions, delinquency and child protection matters involving children under the age of eighteen 18.

Probate / Mental Health Court

The Probate Court handles cases involving property of deceased persons; court-supervised trusts; and guardianships and conservatorships for minor children and incapacitated or incompetent adults. Mental Health Court handles cases involving the civil commitment of people to treatment centers, and referrals from Criminal Court.

Learn about Hearing eReminders and how to sign up!

calendar imageCourt Hearing Calendar »


Looking to access a hearing remotely by video? Use the Court Calendar to identify the judicial officer assigned to the hearing and contact the judicial officer’s staff via email to arrange attendance.

Location Key:

FJC - Family Justice Center
GC - Hennepin County Govt. Center
JJC - Juvenile Justice Center
PSF - Public Safety Facility
Suburban Courts - Regional service centers located at Brookdale and Ridgedale


  • This daily calendar is updated during court business hours. It is SUBJECT TO CHANGE and may not include all cases handled by the court that day. Only scheduled activities appear in the calendar.
  • The calendar does NOT include Juvenile Court cases. For information on those case, please call Juvenile Court Administration at (612) 348-4822.
  • Do not assume a court hearing has been canceled or rescheduled if it is not in the calendar. Parties are required to appear in court for their scheduled court hearings, regardless of whether the hearing is listed in this calendar.
  • Some hearings and case details are "confidential" and will not be listed in the calendars (e.g., Orders for Protection, Paternity, etc). Some hearings may be closed to everyone except the parties.
  • Information in the calendar is subject to the MN Rules of Public Access.
  • For questions about criminal and traffic hearings, call (612) 348-6000.
  • For questions about other case types, contact the Court Administration office where the case is located.
Need to schedule a hearing? Contact the Court Division where your case is or will be filed.

Daily Judicial Assignment Roster »

Hennepin County judicial officers are assigned to handle cases in various court divisions, and assignments can change from day to day. Check the roster to find the location, phone number, and assignment for each judge and referee who is schedule for hearings. For questions, please call (612) 348-6000.

Suburban Court Calendars

Some criminal cases have hearings in our suburban court locations (Brooklyn Center and Minnetonka). Criminal justice partners who want to view Suburban Court assignments should see the weekly calendars.

back to top ▴

Records Center »

The centralized Records Center provides public access to court records online, in person, and by mail. Note: Transcript Requests are handled by the Court Reporter Unit, not the Records Center.

For questions about specific case types, go to:

Make checks payable to: District Court Administrator

Go to the Minnesota Court Fees catalog to see calculations of base filing fees plus add-ons. Note that use of eFile & eServe requires a $5.00 processing fee.

Changes effective July 1, 2023.

Civil Court

  • Plaintiff / Defendant Filing Fee - $297.00
  • Name Change Applicant Filing Fee - $297.00
  • Jury Fee (party requesting jury pays the fee) - $100.00
  • Plea of Confession if amount confessed is $15,000 or less* - $70.00
  • Plea of Confession if amount confessed is over $15,000* - $297.00
  • Implied Consent* - $297.00
  • Tax Court Regular Division* - $297.00
  • Tax Court Small Claims Division*- $160.00
  • Foreign Judgment (out of state) of $15,000 or less - file a certified copy to register a case* - $70.00
  • Foreign Judgment (out of state) over $15,000 - file certified copy to register a case* - $297.00
  • Demand for Removal Appeal (court trial) - $ 297.00
  • Demand for Removal Appeal (jury trial) - $397.00
  • Administrative Appeals*- $297.00
  • Appellate/Supreme Court - Notice of Appeal and Petition for Writ of Certiorari - $550.00
  • Motion or Responsive Motion in a Civil case - $75.00
  • Fax 1 - 50 pages - $25.00
  • Every 50 additional pages - $25.00
See Miscellaneous Fees below for more details on fees for documents, forms, etc.

Conciliation Court

  • Claim - up to $15,000* - $70.00
  • Counterclaim - up to $15,000* - $70.00
  • Subpoena - $16.00
  • Witness Fee - $20.00
  • Witness round trip mileage - $0.28/mile
  • Certified copy of court record - $14.00
  • Request for Driver's License Suspension - $14.00
  • Special Term Motion (first filing)* - $70.00
  • Appeal – court trial* - $297.00
  • Appeal – jury trial* - $397.00
See Miscellaneous Fees below for more details on fees for documents, forms, etc.

Criminal / Traffic Court

  • Records Check - Certified, if no record - $14.00
  • Records Check - Certified, if record exists - $14.00
  • Expungement of a Criminal Case Record - $297.00
  • Criminal Expungement Forms Packet + Criminal History Printout (Register of Actions) - $8.00
See "Miscellaneous Fees" below for more details on fees for documents, forms, etc.

Family Court

  • Petitioner / Plaintiff and Respondent / Defendant filing fees:
    • Divorce (Dissolution) with or without Children, Summary Dissolution - $377.00
    • Domestic Abuse - no fee
    • Annulment, Child Support, Legal Separation - $347.00
    • Custody, Family Other, Paternity, Separate Maintenance - $297.00
  • Motion/Response to motions or actions subsequent to the initial filing requiring a hearing date or action by the court - $75.00
  • Child Support Motion - $50.00 motions
  • Fax 1 - 50 pages - $25.00
  • Every 50 additional pages - $25.00
See Miscellaneous Fees below for more details on fees for documents, forms, etc.

Housing Court

  • File an Eviction Action* - $297.00
  • File a Lock Out, Emergency Tenant Remedy Action - $77
  • File a Tenant Remedy Action* - $297.00
  • File a Rent Escrow* - $70.00
  • Writ of Recovery of Premises and Order to Vacate - $55.00
  • Request for a jury trial - $100.00
  • File a Motion or Response to Motion - $75.00
See Miscellaneous Fees below for more details on fees for documents, forms, etc.

Juvenile Court

  • File a Motion or Response to a Motion - $75.00
  • Motion to Intervene as a Party - $297.00
  • Petition for Adoption (child born in the U.S.) - $372.00
  • Petition for Adoption (child born outside the U.S.) - $297.00
  • Petition for Adoption (Adult) - $297.00
  • Petition for Dependency, Neglect or Termination of Parental Rights - $297.00
See Miscellaneous Fees below for more details on fees for documents, forms, etc.

Miscellaneous Fees

  • Transcript of Judgment issued from District Court - $40.00
  • Transcript of Judgment docketed in District Court - $40.00
  • Transcript of Hearings and Court Proceedings - see Transcript Requests
  • File a Satisfaction of Judgment or partial satisfaction - $5.00
  • Assignment of Judgment - $5.00
  • Application for Discharge of Judgment - $5.00+
  • Certificate of Discharge of Judgment - $5.00
  • Issuing all Writs/Filing return - $55.00
  • Judgment Search (fee for each name certified) - $5.00
  • File documents by Fax (per group of 50 pages or part thereof) - $25.00
  • Request for Disclosure - $5.00
  • Order to Show Cause After Disclosure - $5.00
  • Request for Driver's License Suspension - $14.00
  • Notice of Attorney’s Lien - $1.00
  • Subpoena (each name) - $16.00
  • Copy of Filed Court Document - Certified - $14.00
  • Copy of Filed Court Document - Exemplified/Authenticated - $14.00
  • Court Forms and Instruction Packets 0-10 pages - No fee
  • Court Forms and Instruction Packets 11+ pages - $5.00
  • Divorce Forms Packet (with or without Children) - $10.00
  • Harassment Forms Packet - No fee
  • NSF Checks (non-sufficient funds) - $30.00

Probate Court

  • Initial Filing Fee (Estates, Trusts, Guardianships, Conservatorships) - $297.00
  • Responding, Intervening, or Adverse Parties (first filing) (Estates, Trusts, Guardianships, Conservatorships) - $297.00
  • Petition commencing action after dismissal of initial petition (or case) (Estates, Trusts, Guardianships, Conservatorships) - $297.00
  • Guardianship Motions and Responses - $77.00 (Exceptions: No fee is charged for uncontested petitions to allow accounts, sell real estate or discharges. A party objecting to a petition must pay either an initial filing fee or motion fee, as applicable.)
  • Trust Motions and Responses to Motions - $75.00
  • Trust Accounts (Annual or Partial) - $55.00
  • Deposit of Wills (Safekeeping) - $27.00
  • Certified Sale Papers - $42.00 (Note: $42 includes Will, Order, and Letters. Additional documents are $14 per document.)
  • Certified Sale Papers for Successor - $56.00 (Note: $56 includes Will, Order, Successor Order, and Successor Letters. Additional documents are $14 per document.)
  • Subpoena - $16.00
  • Copy of Filed Court Document – Certified - $14.00
  • Copy of Filed Court Document - Exemplified or Authenticated - $14.00
  • Lis Pendens Certificate - $16.00
  • Records Check - Certified, if record exists (per name or variation thereof) (customer gets a printout of all cases) - $14.00
  • Records Check - Certified, if no record is found (per name or variation thereof) (customer gets a Clerk's Certificate certifying no record found after due and diligent search) - $14.00
  • NSF Checks (non-sufficient funds) - $30.00
See Miscellaneous Fees above for more details on fees for documents, forms, etc.

back to top ▴

MN Court Forms Catalog »

Browse the catalog to find forms that can be can be used in any Minnesota county district court. Also see the Appendix of Forms in the Minnesota Rules of Court.

Hennepin County Court Forms

The forms listed below are for use only in the Hennepin County District Court. To use these forms in another court, you must contact that specific county Court Administration and confirm that they will accept the form.

Other Legal Forms

Civil Forms

back to top ▴

Conciliation Court Forms

back to top ▴

Criminal Court Forms

Family Court Forms

back to top ▴

General Forms

Housing Court Forms

Judgments Court Forms

back to top ▴

Juvenile Court Forms

Probate Court Forms

Formal Probate Forms Informal Probate Forms Note: A Power of Attorney form is not a court form, but it is a legal form that may be helpful in taking care of important financial and property matters for an incapacitated adult.

Traffic Court Forms

Other Legal Forms

If you cannot find a form on this website or at the courthouse, visit your local law library, a legal forms publisher, or talk to a lawyer. Some county-specific court forms might only be available at your local courthouse.

back to top ▴
Hennepin County District Court Judges are assigned to Judicial Teams (or "buddy judges") for each court Division. Judges on a team may handle another team member's case in an emergency. See Policy D.18 - Buddy Judges and Intra-Division Assignments.

Chief Judge: Meyer, Kerry W.
Assistant Chief Judge: Kappelhoff, Mark J.

Signing Judges

 A signing judge is available for most case types Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon and 1:30 p.m. - 4:15 p.m.  
  • The Criminal and Civil Signing Judge courtroom is closed and the Signing Judge is not available to walk-in customers. Signing operations will continue, but all matters are handled remotely (by phone, email, or through other means). Staff for the Criminal/Civil Signing Judge may be contacted at 612-543-9200. Filing for civil and criminal matters is available in person at the appropriate Court Locations.
  • To meet with a signing judge for Family Court cases, go to Family Court Signing Judge Hours.
  • You can receive assistance regarding filing from the Self Help Center in person or remotely.

A View of the Bench »
  Photo directory of Hennepin County judges


8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
Closed holidays


Americans with Disabilities Act Accommodation Request (612) 348-5181
Child Support Hearings (612) 348-6734
Citations (612) 348-6000 - or Email
Civil Court (612) 348-6000 - or Email
Civil Court Fax (612) 348-2131
Conciliation Court (612) 348-6000
Court Information Line (612) 348-6000
Linea de Informacion (Español) (612) 596-9275
Court Records Center (612) 348-3170
Court Reporter Unit (612) 596-2870
Criminal Court (612) 348-6000 - or Email
Criminal Court Records (612) 348-6000
District Administration (612) 348-6000 - or Email
District Administration Fax (612) 348-2510
Domestic Abuse Service Center (612) 348-5073
Drug Court (612) 348-6000
Education & Outreach - Email
eFile & eServe Help (844) 918-1724
Evictions (612) 348-6000
Expungements - Criminal Court (612) 348-6000
Expungements - Housing Court (612) 348-6000
Family Court (612) 348-6000
Family Court Fax (612) 596-9309
Family Court Records (612) 348-3170
Family Court Self Help Center (651) 478-8757
Fines (612) 348-6000 - or Email
Government Center Self-Help Center (651) 478-8757
Guardian ad Litem Program (Family Court) (612) 596-7540
Guardian ad Litem Program (Juvenile Court) (612) 348-6824
Guardianship / Conservatorship (Probate Court) (612) 348-3244 - or Email
Harassment Restraining Orders (612) 348-6000
Hearing Office (Citations/Tickets) (612) 348-6000
Housing Court (612) 348-6000
Human Resources (612) 348-2298
Implied Consent Cases (Civil) (612) 348-6000
Judges & Referees Directory
Judgments (Civil Court) (612) 348-6000
Judgments (Conciliation Court) (612) 348-6000
Jury Office (612) 348-3158
Juvenile Court (612) 348-4822
Juvenile Court (Español) (612) 596-7111 - or Email
Juvenile Court Fax (612) 317-6117
Legislative Relations (612) 348-3327
Marriage Line (weddings) (612) 348-9962
Media & Public Affairs (612) 348-5022
Mental Health Court (612) 348-6000
Mental Health Court Fax (612) 348-2130
Outreach & Education - Email
Probate Court (612) 348-6000 - or Email
Probate Court Fax (612) 348-2130
Probate Court Records (612) 348-3170
Property Court (Criminal) (612) 348-6000
Psychological Services (612) 540-6553
Public Affairs & Media (612) 348-5022
Public Case Records (612) 348-3170
Public Data Request - Email
Public Safety Facility (Criminal Court) (612) 348-6000
Records Center (Main) (612) 348-3170
Research Department (612) 348-6000
Security & Emergency (612) 348-5111
Self Help Centers (651) 478-8757 
Small Claims (Conciliation) Court (612) 348-6000
Tickets & Fines (612) 348-6000 - or Email
Traffic Court (612) 348-6000 - or Email
Transcript Requests (612) 596-2870
Violations Bureau (612) 348-6000 - or Email
Warrant Helpline (612) 540-6485 - or Email
Webmaster (Hennepin) - Email
Weddings (Marriage Line) (612) 348-9962

Back to top ▴