Judicial Branch Home >
4th District Home >
Jury Service >
Juror Call-in Status
Hennepin County recently has begun to use a call-in status for some of its jurors. You must request this status by calling the Jury Office at 612 348-3158 prior to your summoned date.
When a juror is placed in this status rather than report daily to the jury assembly room in the Hennepin County Government Center the juror is allowed to call a special message line to receive instructions on a daily basis. If you are placed on the call-in status you should call the jury office the Sunday evening prior to your start date to see if you need to report in at 8:15am the first Monday of orientation. The jurors will then continue to call the special phone line as instructed. The jurors call at 12:15pm for instructions about reporting on the same day at 1:30pm to the jury assembly room or they are instructed to call again after 6:30pm for further instructions. The 6:30pm phone instructions will inform the juror to report at 9:00am the following working day or to call the message line again at 12:15pm the following working day.
Once jurors are told to report to the pool they will continue to report to the Government Center for jury service until told otherwise. Jurors are not paid unless they are called in for service. Jurors should check with their employer's payroll/human resources department regarding the company's jury service policies; as this could be a factor when deciding if the call-in status will work for you.
To be considered for the call-in status you must :
- Complete and return your qualification questionnaire found on the bottom half of your summons. Completion of the questionnaire is required by everyone who has been summoned.
- We cannot place anyone on the call-in status until we have received your completed questionnaire.
- You must be available to come in everyday of the entire two weeks of your potential jury service, you will report in only if your group number is instructed to report in.
- You will be given a new group number representing a juror on the call-in status and the special call-in phone line's number when a clerk places you on the call-in status.
- If you are placed on the call-in status you should call the jury office the Sunday evening prior to your start date to see if you need to report in at 8:15am the first Monday for orientation.
- Do not send a note stating you want to be placed on the call-in status; you must call the jury office. The jury office hours are 8 to 4:30pm.
If you have any questions about this process please call the jury office, 612-348-3158.