Judicial Branch Home >
4th District Home >
Jury Service >
Reimbursement for Child Care
Child care reimbursement is for people who don’t usually need child care but do need it in order to serve on jury duty. The idea is to make it possible for more people to serve.
Basic requirements to qualify for reimbursement:
- Jurors who are not employed outside the home may be reimbursed for child expenses that are incurred as a result of reporting for jury service.
- Jurors who are employed outside the home are not entitled to reimbursement for child care expenses unless, as a result of jury service, those expenses are greater than normally incurred. Jurors may request reimbursement only for the amount not normally incurred.
- Reimbursement for child care expenses to those jurors entitled to it shall be:
- Licensed Child care: Actual expenses, not to exceed $50.00 per day of service. Receipts for actual expenses must be submitted with the claim.
- Non-Licensed Child Care/In Home Baby Sitter: Actual expenses up to $5.00 per hour, not to exceed $40.00 per day of service. Proof of payment must be submitted with the claim.
- All requests for reimbursement of child care must be submitted on the "Request for Juror Child Care Reimbursement" form available from the jury office.
If you think this program might apply to you, on your first day of service, come to the jury office and we will give you a copy of the rules to look over. Then, if you believe you are eligible, we’ll give you a "Request for Reimbursement" form to be submitted when your jury service is complete.
« Back to Jury Service Home
« Back to 4th District Court Home