4th District  

Judicial Branch Home > 4th District Home > Court Administration > Conciliation Court > Basics & FAQs on Conciliation Court >

File a claim for property seized in a drug arrest

This section refers ONLY to a claim for property seized in a DRUG-related incident under MN Statute §  609.5314.

  • Effective August 1, 2010, claims for return of seized property may be filed in Conciliation Court if the property is valued at $15,000 or less. There is no filing fee for claims under $500.00. If the value is $500 or greater, regular filing fees must be paid.
  • The filing party must have their copy of Form No. 2857 "Notice of Seizure and Intent to Forfeit Property," which is issued by the arresting police agency, and a copy must be attached to the Conciliation Court claim.
  • The Conciliation Court Statement of Claim & Summons form must be filed with the court within 60 days following the service of Notice of Seizure and Intent to Forfeit Property.
  • The title on the claim form would be: (Plaintiff’s name) Plaintiff vs. Seized property (description) c/o Hennepin County Attorney – Defendant.
  • To file in Hennepin County Conciliation Court, the drug-related incident must have occurred in Hennepin County, and a copy of the claim form must be served on:

    Hennepin County Attorney's Office Forfeiture Unit
    Attn: Vicki Leonard
    A-2000, Hennepin County Government Center
    300 South Sixth Street
    Minneapolis, MN, 55487
  • For questions about property seized in a drug arrest in Hennepin County, contact Vicki Leonard at (612)348-8192.

All claims must be filed at Room 306, Minneapolis City Hall, 350 South Fifth Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota.


« Back to Conciliation Court Home

« Back to 4th District Court Home